ACell is failing?

Printable View

• 09-23-2011 03:52 PM
    S.W
    ACell is failing?
    Just came across this on Dr. Rassman's blog

http://www.baldingblog.com/2011/09/2...-part-3-acell/

Rassman might not be a huge fan of any sort of hair multiplication or cloning. But if this is true, our waiting on ACell can end..
  • 09-23-2011 04:52 PM
    RichardDawkins
    If Rassman says so :-)

Strange thing though that Dr Hitzig presnted some Acell injection stuff at this congress and Cooley got patients someho fixed with plucking but its Rassman ( Insert Family Guy joke here)

In my opinion, excuses and naysaying right now is getting more and more obvious and lame.

It seems to me some docs wanted to keep the status quo alive here but fail to do so because the world turns, very rapidly
  • 09-24-2011 11:38 AM
    Follicle Death Row
    I thought Acell might work but don't listen to Dr. Hitzig. He has zero credibility. Bernstein and Cooley will say it as it is. Word is that Bernstein is not having much success with Acell which is unfortunate. :(
  • 09-27-2011 02:06 PM
    Havok
    FML... oh FML!
  • 09-30-2011 12:19 PM
    ulysses_98
    All quiet on the hairless front
    Is it just me or was anybody else expecting some news after the recent ISHRS meeting? Status of ACell, etc... what did all these people spend the week talking about? ..."yeah, we've made no progress..you either?...that's nice, let's have some fresh Alaskan salmon".
    Has there even been a "Bald Truth" broadcast in the last couple of weeks?
  • 09-30-2011 12:32 PM
    Jundam
    I read somewhere that Spencer was going to fill us in but I have not heard or seen anything from him yet(not that I listen much to him anyway).

I'm not really expecting anything good to come from hair transplant doctors though. These are not brilliant scientists. These are cosmetic surgeons. They are mediocre medical minds at best, and mediocrity is enough for a fat salary in their industry. Don't expect them to push anything forward.
  • 09-30-2011 02:13 PM
    Havok
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jundam View Post
    I read somewhere that Spencer was going to fill us in but I have not heard or seen anything from him yet(not that I listen much to him anyway).

I'm not really expecting anything good to come from hair transplant doctors though. These are not brilliant scientists. These are cosmetic surgeons. They are mediocre medical minds at best, and mediocrity is enough for a fat salary in their industry. Don't expect them to push anything forward.

LOL thanks that gave me a good chuckle. well, i think most of us were banking on the miracle that is Acell, not some 'breakthrough' treatment from the HT surgeons themselves. i'm dying know how dr. cooley is going to explain all this...

if Acell turns out to be complete fail then i'll probably head down to Atlanta and get FUE w/ dr. cole.
  • 09-30-2011 02:49 PM
    Follicle Death Row
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    LOL thanks that gave me a good chuckle. well, i think most of us were banking on the miracle that is Acell, not some 'breakthrough' treatment from the HT surgeons themselves. i'm dying know how dr. cooley is going to explain all this...

if Acell turns out to be complete fail then i'll probably head down to Atlanta and get FUE w/ dr. cole.

I was optimistic about Acell originally. Not so much anymore. Maybe it can improve FUE yield. At this point I don't really expect much more. :( Hope I'm wrong.
  • 09-30-2011 04:57 PM
    ejj
    if it was a second hand car we were buying off a dealer we would be wary ! why are we different with the medical profession .......

ej
  • 10-07-2011 08:38 AM
    Follicle Death Row
    So now it seems like Acell and autocloning won't work in completely slick bald areas. I'm actually not surprised. Seems like a lot of time not enough dermal papillae comes with the plucked hair. However with the ECM (Acell) if the plucked hair is planted beside a DHT resistant hair it can somehow copy its physiology. Don't be surprised if they decide to push Acell as a supplement to transplantation. In other words the technique can possibly add density amongst transplanted hair. Apparently anway. FUT docs can breathe easily.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM