• 05-01-2012 05:57 AM
    ravegrover
    RepliCel - April update ??
    Hello - Replicel was suppposed to release the initial review of efficacy results in April 2012. Sadly, April is gone. Any idea, people?
  • 05-01-2012 06:39 AM
    Artista
    As I understand it , they are compiling the data and will make a public report in a 'couple of days' with their findings.
  • 05-01-2012 08:27 AM
    TheNitwon
    Such is a reality with all scientific research. You can never expect to meet deadlines. Even so, Replicel's "late April" date was more of a projection than a deadline. I think early July would be a more reasonable ETA for the preliminary results.
  • 05-01-2012 08:49 AM
    BaldinLikeBaldwin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNitwon View Post
    Such is a reality with all scientific research. You can never expect to meet deadlines. Even so, Replicel's "late April" date was more of a projection than a deadline. I think early July would be a more reasonable ETA for the preliminary results.

And how have you come to this conclusion? :confused:
  • 05-01-2012 09:09 AM
    TheNitwon
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BaldinLikeBaldwin View Post
    And how have you come to this conclusion? :confused:

I'm a research assistant (neuroscience) and I know how the process works. Data has to be compiled, analyzed qualitatively and statistically, verified, verified again, searched for anomalies and then analyzed and verified once again. Then a publication has to be prepared - the writing process itself can take days or even weeks, depending on how detailed you want to get. Then you have to get your results "out there", either through publication in a scientific journal or a press release, or both. It's a LOT of work, and since this is a commercial venture (meaning stock prices depend on the results) they aren't gonna say ANYTHING until all the work is done and they're sure of the results.
  • 05-01-2012 09:19 AM
    gmonasco
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNitwon View Post
    It's a LOT of work, and since this is a commercial venture (meaning stock prices depend on the results) they aren't gonna say ANYTHING until all the work is done and they're sure of the results.

It's true that much more work goes into the preparation of such reviews than most people here realize. However, Replicel announced in early April 2012 that they had completed post injection follow-up visits with all of their trial subjects and "remain[ed] on schedule to release the initial review of efficacy results in April 2012." Given that Replicel is surely familiar with the process of preparing this type of review, I doubt they would have misjudged the amount of time needed to complete it by a whole two or three months.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth