• 03-11-2015 01:07 AM
    Jasari
    Above Ear and Nape hair loss???
    Quick question to anyone with experience on this issue:

For years I had been using brand name Propecia with good results - but due to circumstance I had to change to generic brand in July of 14'.

From that point through to Jan 15' I shed badly. Like half my entire head of hair bad. Subsequently I've gotten back onto Brand Name Propecia.

The shedding has slowed somewhat but I've noticed I can still pull out handfuls of around 5-10 hairs easily from near my ears and nape every single time.

My questions is this: I've only every experienced thinning as far as a Norwood 4a pattern. It hasn't progressed anywhere near a 5 in terms of MPB - In this regard is thinning in these area's normal? From what I understand this area for hair loss is more commonly associated with stress?

Would a blood test be beneficial?
  • 03-11-2015 11:03 AM
    2young2bald
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasari View Post
    Quick question to anyone with experience on this issue:

For years I had been using brand name Propecia with good results - but due to circumstance I had to change to generic brand in July of 14'.

From that point through to Jan 15' I shed badly. Like half my entire head of hair bad. Subsequently I've gotten back onto Brand Name Propecia.

The shedding has slowed somewhat but I've noticed I can still pull out handfuls of around 5-10 hairs easily from near my ears and nape every single time.

My questions is this: I've only every experienced thinning as far as a Norwood 4a pattern. It hasn't progressed anywhere near a 5 in terms of MPB - In this regard is thinning in these area's normal? From what I understand this area for hair loss is more commonly associated with stress?

Would a blood test be beneficial?

I got that too. It is called retrograde alopecia and it causes your hair around your ears and nape to be thin but most likely it will stay thin.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

My FUE Into FUT Scar Result Revealed After 5 Years
Yesterday 10:10 AM
Last Post By JoeTillman
Yesterday 10:10 AM
2 operations with Asmed, Dr. Erdogan - 2007 and 2016
10-06-2020 10:53 AM
Last Post By sicore8826
04-12-2024 02:41 PM
How do you make a truck sound like a train horn?
09-13-2023 09:58 PM
by Bial
Last Post By frasheron
04-12-2024 06:02 AM
Dr. Glenn Charles FUT
04-10-2024 07:36 AM
Last Post By Dr. Glenn Charles
04-10-2024 07:36 AM