• 05-08-2012 12:11 PM
    Tacola
    Does anyone know which one of the days that Histogen will present the news? I saw that the meeting took place from the 9th until the 12th.

How I wish that there will be good news this time!!!!!!
  • 05-08-2012 12:16 PM
    gmonasco
    Quote:

Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Why is this a problem when a hair transplant surgeon can correct the angle?

It's hardly efficacious to have a treatment to regrow hair that requires those regrown hairs to be individually dug out of your scalp and reseated at a proper angle.
  • 05-08-2012 12:32 PM
    gmonasco
    Quote:

Increased terminal hairs were seen in the entire region within the 4 injection sites supporting the hypothesis that HSC stimulated resting and miniaturizing follicles to increase terminal hair growth.
    Note carefully that this passage does not claim that HSC is producing any new hair growth. It only talks about stimulating "resting and miniaturizing follicles."
  • 05-08-2012 12:41 PM
    BoSox
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    "resting and miniaturizing follicles."

This confuses me, I thought they discovered hair follicles are shrunken down, microscopic , but still there. Shouldn't treatments restore these follicles back?
  • 05-08-2012 01:49 PM
    tizzle
    just to clarify:

http://www.thebaldtruth.com/articles...wth-interview/

in this interview gail naughton said that the HSC is stimulating not only the existing hair follicles (the ones that are not completely "dead" from mph) but it also stimulates the stem cells that are responsible for creating hair follicles in our scalp in the first place.

so the way i understand this, is that you can be completely bald and still regrow hair with the HSC. Its just more effective when you still have hair since remaining hair follicles will produce also more hair per follicular unit. And they call it "regenerative medicine" so i think i understood it correctly.

But if i am not plz feel free to correct me :D
  • 05-08-2012 01:59 PM
    john2399
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tizzle View Post
    just to clarify:

http://www.thebaldtruth.com/articles...wth-interview/

in this interview gail naughton said that the HSC is stimulating not only the existing hair follicles (the ones that are not completely "dead" from mph) but it also stimulates the stem cells that are responsible for creating hair follicles in our scalp in the first place.

so the way i understand this, is that you can be completely bald and still regrow hair with the HSC. Its just more effective when you still have hair since remaining hair follicles will produce also more hair per follicular unit. And they call it "regenerative medicine" so i think i understood it correctly.

But if i am not plz feel free to correct me :D

You sound correct to me. I do feel a nw 2 or 3 would benefit more from this treatment or specially someone who is thinning in which this can help catch it in time.
  • 05-08-2012 02:02 PM
    jpm
    Quote:

Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    You sound correct to me. I do feel a nw 2 or 3 would benefit more from this treatment or specially someone who is thinning in which this can help catch it in time.

I'm a nw 1.5/2 thinning slowly, I'm on fin so I'm hoping I can keep it this way till Histogen comes out in a few years. I hope I'm a good candidate
  • 05-08-2012 02:17 PM
    73% growth was from this one subject ONLY:

http://histogen.com/images/hsc.jpg

the rest of the subjects didn't have such massive growth, altough Histogen said that after one year, EVERYONE'S hair count improved....
  • 05-08-2012 02:20 PM
    gmonasco
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tizzle View Post

Not exactly. She said, it "seems as though we're creating new hair follicles from stem cells that are in the scalp." It might also be the case that something else is happening, such as HSC is simply coaxing existing hairs out of the telogen (i.e., resting) phase. The abstract quoted earlier in this thread suggests the latter.
  • 05-08-2012 02:22 PM
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    Not exactly. She said, it "seems as though we're creating new hair follicles from stem cells that are in the scalp." It might also be the case that something else is happening, such as HSC is simply coaxing existing hairs out of the telogen (i.e., resting) phase. The abstract quoted earlier in this thread suggests the latter.

^ that's more likely.....

Histogen is not in the business of actually CLONING hair, it just works with what you got :rolleyes:

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM