X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlightTL
    • Jun 2011

? about Dr. William Lindsey

I wanted a public opinion on Dr. Lindsey's results with FUE.

Is he a good FUE doctor????

Thanks.
  • chrisdav
    • Oct 2011

Yes he is a very good doctor flight.

Comment

• Spex
      Dr Representative
      • Nov 2008

He is one of the best and i trusted my head with him personally twice with 2 small FUE sessions.

Spex session with Dr Lindsey

If i can help in anyway feel free to drop me an email

Best
      Spex
      Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by FlightTL
        I wanted a public opinion on Dr. Lindsey's results with FUE.

Is he a good FUE doctor????

Thanks.
        Try Doc Gho.... your donor will regenerate

1000 grafts = 200 empty holes in your donor --- Gho

1000 grafts = 1000 empty holes in your donor ---- Lindsey

Just saw you're new here and thought I'd suggest you do some more research before taking the plunge

Comment

• Spex
          Dr Representative
          • Nov 2008

".... your donor will regenerate"

Of course it will!

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Spex
            ".... your donor will regenerate"

Of course it will!
            I can show you proof that it will

Can you show me proof that it wont?

.......?
            (rolls eyes)

--------------------------------------------------------
            I don't represent any FUE, FUT, or HST doctor

Comment

• Winston
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
              I can show you proof that it will

Can you show me proof that it wont?

.......?
              (rolls eyes)

--------------------------------------------------------
              I don't represent any FUE, FUT, or HST doctor
              Stick with hair transplant doctors with a proven track record. Dr. Lindsey has a great reputation and is a highly regarded hair transplant surgeon. Don't listen to random forum posters with aggressive agendas. Dr. Gho probably does good work too, but his “donor regeneration” technique is not accepted in the medical community yet, perhaps one day it will be if it is proven to work. Being a guinea pig and taking a chance based on the word of a couple of people who post on the internet and who are not experts is probably not prudent. You only have one donor area to work with so be very careful.

Spex is a well known expert and has had FUE with Dr. Linsdsey and his hair looks great!

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Winston
                Stick with hair transplant doctors with a proven track record. Dr. Lindsey has a great reputation and is a highly regarded hair transplant surgeon. Don't listen to random forum posters with aggressive agendas. Dr. Gho probably does good work too, but his “donor regeneration” technique is not accepted in the medical community yet, perhaps one day it will be if it is proven to work. Being a guinea pig and taking a chance based on the word of a couple of people who post on the internet and who are not experts is probably not prudent. You only have one donor area to work with so be very careful.

Spex is a well known expert and has had FUE with Dr. Linsdsey and his hair looks great!

I was just suggesting he look into it himself.... is that not okay?

I dont have an agenda. However, Spex is paid to recruit people for doctors... that is an agenda.

I also wouldn't classify the lack of consensus, that could arise for any number of reason including devious ones, as a piece of "strong" evidence against gho... I honestly wouldn't even call it evidence. If you can't clearly see donor regeneration in the medical journals he has published in (real ones on dermatology, not ISHRS), GCs pictures, and then the great results of Welsey Snjeider and Gerald Joling.

Comment

• FlightTL
                  • Jun 2011

Thanks for your feedbacks...

So, basically, if I am not mistaken, a fue graft leaves approx. a 1mm dot(scar) where the hair was taken from....

Some more questions:

-Can FUE harm adjacent hair follicles in the donor area?
                  -Can FUE cut into blood vessels and veins that run around your scalp?
                  -How do FUE scars look like on dark skinned folks(asians), especially if they cut their hair down to a gaurd #2?

Thanks...

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                    • Jul 2011

Thanks for your feedbacks...

So, basically, if I am not mistaken, a fue graft leaves approx. a 1mm dot(scar) where the hair was taken from....

Some more questions:

-Can FUE harm adjacent hair follicles in the donor area?
                    -Can FUE cut into blood vessels and veins that run around your scalp?
                    -How do FUE scars look like on dark skinned folks(asians), especially if they cut their hair down to a gaurd #2?

Thanks...
                    yes, you are correct. there will be little white dots on your head... if you get 1,200 FUE than you have 1,200 white dots on the back of your head. If you get 1,200 HST then you have 0 white dots on the back of your head.

a. sometimes it can harm adjacent folliclue units

b. I don't know

c. It will be difficult to impossible to use a 2 guard after a FUE
                    http://www.************/hair-loss/im...9_image604.jpg

I suggest you take your time. Seriously research HST. You may decide on FUE, but you should at least take the time to look at HST. This comes from a LONG TIME forum lurker. It is worth at least considering before doing any FUT or FUE surgery

Comment

• FlightTL
                      • Jun 2011

Thank you so much for your speedy reply!

I appreciate it kindly!

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                        • Jul 2011

Thank you so much for your speedy reply!

I wallow in self pity all day so speed was no problem.

Again, Some people will ultimately decide on FUE. if they have dense donor areas, not much travel time, little money, and minor hairloss... than maybe FUE is the correct choice. Or maybe they decide HST will be the best. These are just a few of the reasons either could or should be chosen.

-----------------------------------------------
                        I dont work for doctor Lindsey or any other doctor = agenda

Comment

• Spex
                          Dr Representative
                          • Nov 2008

Try not get yourself in such a tiss bro, and try not get so personal. It is what it is.

I have been around over a decade and met 1000's guys who have bought into the hype and marketing BS of many "breakthroughs" they have been the genie pigs and voiced their dissatisfaction. Just run a search - If this was the real deal trust me we would all know about it as all our problems would be solved

I'm not going to debate this topic with you as there is overwhelming proof that regeneration is hype, nothing more. If you what to believe it works then all power to you, go for it.

A piece written by Dr Rassman :

Dr. Rassman
                          i have stumbled upon a hair transplant clinic in Prague called the “GHO clinic” which offer a proprietary FUE in which apparently the donor hair will regrow (page here)

i don’t know how well the human body would repair a partially punched out hair follicle, i just want to ask if this procedure is actually hair multiplication available today or just someone trying to make his FUE look better than everyone else’s?

I just chaired the session at the annual ISHRS meeting in Amsterdam and had Dr. Coen Gho as one of the speakers. I had lost my voice, so I could not comment as the chair of that session, but considering that you asked me about him, I will use this as a forum to speak my opinion on what I heard.

Dr. Gho reported that he did 1500 patients with his “cloning” procedure. If I had to give a score to the material he presented using a 1-10 scale for scientific credibility, I’d score it a 1, with 1 being the lowest possible. His science was pathetic, with slides that were blurred and blackened out so that there was really nothing to see. He claimed that his FUE technique cut the follicular units in half longitudinally, and that the part that remained regrew hair, but there was no proof of this in any of the material he showed. He did not show any patient results and certainly was never reviewed by any credible agency or physician.

Partially divided follicles have been well studied by many prominent researchers. Despite their attempts, none succeed to create even an equal amount of hair (equal to the original divided follicular units). Dr. Kim (Korean researcher) had done some wonderful research on this very subject and failed to do what Dr. Gho claims. I believe that what I heard from Dr. Gho is marketing hype without any evidence of any hairs regrowing.

Best

Spex

Comment

• FlightTL
                            • Jun 2011

Dear Spex and MoreHairASAP,

Thank you both for your replies. They are very helpful and I value both equally...

Comment

• Spex
                              Dr Representative
                              • Nov 2008

No worries mate - Take your time and do not be in any rush. Understand the process and research, research, research as my old saying goes. Meet patients in person if poss or if not try get in touch with several via email or PM and speak to them about their experiences.

Its a maze of info out there and i personally learnt the hard way - I've had 10 HT's now in total myself. It's much easier now however for newbies like yourself due to the forums and veterans paying forward valuable info.

Possibly even email or call into Spencers Radio Show on Sunday night and ask questions too.

Comment

Working...