• 07-08-2011 01:14 PM
    gillenator
    Quote:

Originally Posted by linhnguyen View Post
    it would be far more than two weeks. Simply read through this thread and you will find the answers.

Far more than 2 weeks?
  • 07-12-2011 01:16 PM
    gillenator
    Glad to see it has been helpful to all.
  • 08-01-2011 05:31 AM
    rogerskevin67
    For four months since my hair transplant surgery I was wearing as prescribed by Doctors. But when on the fifth month I tried going outside without the hat I started having itchiness on the scalp. Thus I continued wearing cap till the sixth month. What I mean that although it depends from person to person, but four months is minimum.
  • 08-01-2011 01:30 PM
    gillenator
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rogerskevin67 View Post
    For four months since my hair transplant surgery I was wearing as prescribed by Doctors. But when on the fifth month I tried going outside without the hat I started having itchiness on the scalp. Thus I continued wearing cap till the sixth month. What I mean that although it depends from person to person, but four months is minimum.

Did you use sun screen when your hat was off and the itching began? That can make a big difference. Many products condition the scalp in addition to blocking the harmful UV rays.
  • 09-22-2011 01:17 PM
    gillenator
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenvin View Post
    This meant that the skin could darken to somewhat protect itself, but the skin of the grafts had not regained this protective ability yet.:)

And why most doctors will want their patients to wait at least 4-6 months post-op before exposing to sun.
  • 10-01-2011 12:46 PM
    gillenator
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryanlister View Post
    This meant that the skin could darken to somewhat protect itself, but the skin of the grafts had not regained this protective ability yet.:)

Skin meaning tissue with the outer layer (epidermis) and inner layer (dermis).;)
  • 10-11-2011 03:24 PM
    gillenator
    Exactly, except skin is really tissue that we are talking about.
  • 10-14-2011 01:33 PM
    gillenator
    Quote:

Originally Posted by katysa View Post
    You would however want to stay away from direct exposure to "sun lamps" used indoors.

Very true because of the same potentially harmful UV rays. This would also include tanning beds.:eek:
  • 12-02-2011 12:45 PM
    gillenator
    What's up with all of the spam?:eek:
  • 12-30-2011 01:19 PM
    gillenator
    Either that or you are spammimg with your new links every time you post!:rolleyes:

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth