• 06-01-2013 01:44 PM
    Phatalis
    With HST, why can't you cover the whole head?
    Just out of curiosity... why can't you take donor hair from the sides AND the back? I mean, if you're going to end up with a horseshoe shape NW7 situation.. why can't you try to take all the hairs from that horseshoe and attempt to evenly disperse them over the whole head.

So yeah, everything will look thin, but at least you'll have an evenly spread thin layer you can buzz down and at least have a frame. You won't have the horseshoe or slick bald look and can at least pull off a buzz look.. even if it is thin. I feel like it'd look a hell of a lot better than a bald slick horse shoe look.. or what not.

And because HST scarring is virtually invisible.. this is possible.

Why not go this route if you have to and have the money???

The hairs on the side stay just as much as the hair on the back (for the most part)

I don't get it.
  • 06-02-2013 08:58 AM
    Skywalker
    If you take too many close together then the damage is too great, the hairs do not regenerate and the scars don't heal properly.

e.g. if you cut your forearm with a singular cut it will usually heal quite nicely, if you put 3 parallel cuts close together then it often won't.
  • 06-02-2013 09:26 AM
    Phatalis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
    If you take too many close together then the damage is too great, the hairs do not regenerate and the scars don't heal properly.

e.g. if you cut your forearm with a singular cut it will usually heal quite nicely, if you put 3 parallel cuts close together then it often won't.

I mean I see that... but then we still do HT's taking hairs from the same place in the back of the head... so basically.. if you also take from the sides.. it'd be even more hairs to use..

Correct?
  • 06-02-2013 09:30 AM
    Arashi
    Look at this guy, he's gotten a total of over 11.600 grafts via regular FUT and FUE (and micropigmentation). I think his donor just looks utterly weird though

http://haartransplantatie-rise.blogspot.com/

(scroll down his blog to scroll down up in time, so bottom of page is now)

For example this picture: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-77X4chC-33...0/DSC_0158.jpg to me just looks VERY unnatural and weird. Like he's got some kind of disease. It's the kind of scalp you keep staring at and thinking "someting IS wrong here"...
  • 06-02-2013 09:36 AM
    Skywalker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Phatalis View Post
    I mean I see that... but then we still do HT's taking hairs from the same place in the back of the head... so basically.. if you also take from the sides.. it'd be even more hairs to use..

Correct?

I don't know, maybe they think the quality of the donor is better at the back nearer the top - the donor 'sweet spot' is certainly there - as a NW6/7 I can testify that that area is the most resistant...
  • 06-02-2013 09:38 AM
    Skywalker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Look at this guy, he's gotten a total of over 11.600 grafts via regular FUT and FUE (and micropigmentation). I think his donor just looks utterly weird though

I think his donor needs to be shorter, but I don't think it looks TOO bad :)
  • 06-02-2013 09:41 AM
    Arashi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
    I think his donor needs to be shorter, but I don't think it looks TOO bad :)

I don't think he can wear it shorter because of the micro pigmentation/tattooing. Just zoom in and you see the tattooing (around his FUT scar) very clearly.

This, to me, is really an example of overdoing plastic surgery.
  • 06-02-2013 09:50 AM
    Quote:

For example this picture: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-77X4chC-33...0/DSC_0158.jpg to me just looks VERY unnatural and weird. Like he's got some kind of disease. It's the kind of scalp you keep staring at and thinking "someting IS wrong here"...

The guy's occiput looks like the occiput of a 90-year old woman with diffuse thinning across the whole scalp. He can't even adequate cover-up anymore his tattooed strip scars. Even he would wear the hair longer - as soon as the hair is wet - pfffft...
  • 06-02-2013 09:51 AM
    Arashi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    The guy's occiput looks like the occiput of a 90-year old woman with diffuse thinning across the whole scalp. He can't even adequate cover-up anymore his tattooed strip scars. Even he would wear the hair longer - as soon as the hair is wet - pfffft...

Agreed. To me this isn't an improvement over his initial situation at all.
  • 06-02-2013 09:52 AM
    garethbale
    Quote:

God, that just looks weird.

I'd like to think I would go bald gracefully rather than look like that. Even for the amount of grafts his recipient is nothing special.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM