Stem Cells

Printable View

• 03-29-2012 12:22 AM
    DepressedByHairLoss
    Stem Cells
    I've been researching the hell out of stem cells, mainly because they have great potential to cure hair loss and may not require the lengthy clinical trials of Aderans or Replicel if these stem cells are autologous. I came across a very interesting website: www.stemcellfusion.com. I don't know how much of this website is bullshit and how much is legit but I will point out what I think are the legit parts. First, scroll down to the video under the caption: "Blindness - See Again With Adult Stem Cell". This describes where a girl was blind since birth but after an infusion of stem cells, she now has nearly 20/20 vision and is driving again. It really seems to me that if stem cells can cure blindness, then they sure as hell can cure something like hair loss. Also, this story comes from a CBS affiliate here in the U.S. so it strikes me as being legitimate.
    Next, scroll down 2 videos from there to the video under the heading "The Science of the Future". Go to the 1:58 point of the video. It states that bone marrow stem cells can become any cell in the body once they are placed in that specific area of the body. For example, if a bone marrow stem cell is injected into the pancreas, it becomes a pancreatic stem cell. So according to this reasoning, if a bone marrow stem cell was injected into the scalp, it would become a hair stem cell. If this is true, then it is really about f****in time that doctors started using bone marrow stem cells for hair growth. This has actually been suggested on here several times except no doctors seem to be willing to do it. Doctors really need to start looking into performing such a procedure.
    *****Note - as I read more of this website, I'm beginning to think that the website itself may either be not legitimate or at least very poor put together. However, the youtube videos on the website that I alerted everyone to contain some modicum of legitimacy, especially the first one.
  • 03-29-2012 12:32 AM
    cleverusername
    Interesting find, I tried to check out the website but it doesn't seem to be working. :confused:
  • 03-29-2012 12:44 AM
    DepressedByHairLoss
    I don't know, the website works whenever I go to the link. Just type in www dot stemcellfusion dot com. However, now that I read more about the guy that they talk about on the website (Christian Drapeau), I realize that he himself may very well be full of shit. But as I said in the previous post, certain elements of the website are legit, including the story about the young lady getting a cure for her blindness and the versatility of bone marrow stem cells (which I've read elsewhere as well).
  • 03-29-2012 04:41 AM
    kaandereli
    stem cells have the potential to cure every disease.i come up with a news recently , saying that a woman's shattered leg recovered fully by stem cells.here is the article
    http://skynews.skypressoffice.co.uk/...e-used-repair-

treatment of hair loss should be nothing compared to healing a shattered leg.
  • 03-29-2012 04:59 AM
    clandestine
    Frustrating.
  • 03-29-2012 05:38 AM
    Kiwi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kaandereli View Post
    stem cells have the potential to cure every disease.i come up with a news recently , saying that a woman's shattered leg recovered fully by stem cells.here is the article
    http://skynews.skypressoffice.co.uk/...e-used-repair-

treatment of hair loss should be nothing compared to healing a shattered leg.

Dude you have no idea.
  • 03-29-2012 07:14 AM
    gutted
    the problem is, they are not proven, proven is the magic word here to getting uniform results, without that word you will have various people claiming it does not work! even though it might.

there are lots of clinics which offer this, and it may work to an extent, but again its costly and a gamble, as if you dont recieve the results you want you will have lost money and be on here screaming scam.
  • 03-29-2012 10:25 AM
    DepressedByHairLoss
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    the problem is, they are not proven, proven is the magic word here to getting uniform results, without that word you will have various people claiming it does not work! even though it might.

there are lots of clinics which offer this, and it may work to an extent, but again its costly and a gamble, as if you dont recieve the results you want you will have lost money and be on here screaming scam.

But the problem is that a hair regrowth procedure involving bone marrow stem cells will never be proven if it isn't at least tried on people in the first place. And I'm sure plenty of people would jump at the chance to try it to regrow their hair. Except no doctor is willing to try it; instead all we hear about is hair transplants and nothing else.
  • 03-29-2012 11:01 AM
    gutted
    there are clinics out there offering autologous stem cell treatments for hair loss, but to my knowlege there efficacy is not uniform. basically you go for one of these treatments it may give you results, or it may not give you results. 50/50 gamble.

acell and prp is intresting,(in my opinion it is a slighlety lower powered version of histogens treatment) last i heard there was a trial of 20 men in th uk, anyone know if the trial has concluded?
  • 03-29-2012 02:01 PM
    NotBelievingIt
    Hair loss isn't a disease. It is not a perversion of nature. It is simply another course nature took. A sucky one though.

Using stem cells to repair broken bones or organs is vastly different from using stem cells to "undo" or "prevent" a biological track.

RepliCels transplantation method is, right now IMO, the only way to "undo" and "prevent" future loss by virtue of changing out the Dermal Sheath Cup for one that can withstand the DHT squeeze.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM