More proof of HASCI's

Printable View

• 08-06-2014 07:28 AM
    35YrsAfter
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Yeah it's really hard to see them. At home, I can't see them in my own mirror. The only place I can see them is in the elevator of my brother's apartment, lol. It has a mirror and it's quite low, it has sort of neon lights quite close to my head, so in that mirror, if I keep my head at the right angle, I can notice them: small bumps at the root of each hair (those bumps are scar tissue). But you really have to try hard, so who cares anyway, I agree that you can call it 'scarless' if it's that hard to see them :)

Looking at the animation on Gho's home page, one would expect an entirely different looking graft. See image below. The upper images show his proprietary tool transecting hairs. The green dotted line in the image below indicates approximately where/how the grafts should look after employing the method indicated in the images above taken from his animation. Gho has some explaining to do.

Attachment 34060

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
  • 08-07-2014 10:01 AM
    ss1980
    Closing clinic would be a bit harsh not because they deserve better but bc we need clinic which offers scarless fue, at present time hasci is the only one doing it.

it is important to raise awareness as this is downright crimin@l and should be punished accordingly

they need to drop regeneration claims and come clean by offering partial to full money refund to ex patients.
  • 08-07-2014 11:50 AM
    Arashi
    I've thought about it and you and Gaz are right. HASCI shouldnt be closed, that would mean taking away the option of scarless transplant for people who need it. So the goal should be to get them to drop their claims of regeneration. I have an idea I'm going to try ...
  • 08-07-2014 12:14 PM
    hellouser
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    I've thought about it and you and Gaz are right. HASCI shouldnt be closed, that would mean taking away the option of scarless transplant for people who need it. So the goal should be to get them to drop their claims of regeneration. I have an idea I'm going to try ...

Would be nice if they dropped their price along with the claims.
  • 08-07-2014 12:49 PM
    35YrsAfter
    A good FUE physician can remove for example, one or two hairs from a four-hair FU with a .7 or smaller punch. The chance of visible scarring is minimal and this technique preserves a fuller appearance of the donor if the head is kept shaved (style). This method is time consuming and would be expensive. When a full follicular unit is taken during normal FUE surgery, a shaved head later reveals spaces between the hairs as a best-case scenario, when there isn't hypopigmentation.

Gho's reps could come back and say the animation represents an early prototype and they found it easier to remove an intact follicle and split them after they are removed. The animation on their homepage really makes no sense at all. Follicular units never grow in any uniform pattern. It would take perhaps millions of variations of the tool shown in Gho's animation to cover all of the possible FU configurations. Then there's the curved follicle. There really isn't any way a follicle with curvature could be successfully split in the fashion Gho's video/animation illustrates. It would be far easier to split the follicles after they are removed and insert one half back into the donor and the other half into the recipient site.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
  • 08-07-2014 12:55 PM
    Arashi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    Gho's reps could come back and say the animation represents an early prototype and they found it easier to remove an intact follicle and split them after they are removed.

Nope, they dont do that, ask any ex patient.

Quote:

The animation on their homepage really makes no sense at all.
    Nothing at HASCI makes any sense.
  • 08-07-2014 02:41 PM
    gc83uk
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Would be nice if they dropped their price along with the claims.

Are they more expensive than other European FUE?

I have just paid €6450 for 1200 grafts, so that's €5.37 a graft.

What do they top FUE clinics charge? Particularly the ones in Europe?
  • 08-07-2014 03:12 PM
    joachim
    i always thought 1000 grafts cost 10.000 eur at hasci, which would be 10 eur per graft.
    as far as i know there are some other doctors who charge 6 to 10 dollar per graft.
  • 08-07-2014 03:36 PM
    gc83uk
    Quote:

Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    i always thought 1000 grafts cost 10.000 eur at hasci, which would be 10 eur per graft.
    as far as i know there are some other doctors who charge 6 to 10 dollar per graft.

Yes if that was the case, then I could understand folk thinking it were too expensive. I've been quite a few times now and they give me €500 off the screen price, so normal price for 1200 would be €6950

1800 grafts would cost me €8900, so €4.94 a graft

I know money is a huge factor for many if not most, but I'm pretty sure in the likes of Turkey you can get it for like 2 or 3 eur a graft.
  • 08-07-2014 04:43 PM
    Arashi
    Yeah it's a bit cheaper than that Joachim. I think I paid about 8500 euro's for 1600 grafts back then. This may not look *that* expensive (like Gaz correctly notes, the top clinics world wide charge about the same), however it does become expensive when you count in transplanted hairs instead of grafts ... I'm pretty sure actually that if you count in hairs (which makes a lot more sense anyway, who cares how many grafts you get, you want to know how many hairs you get, that's what matters !), that HASCI is going to be the most expensive clinic in the world !

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth