• 01-27-2017 11:14 AM
    Paindemonium
    Managed to get this done at a local pharmacy here in Canada and I've been using it for more than a year pretty much daily nightly and twice a day every other day or so (same as listed here, but with added minoxidil too at the usual 5% so I don't need to apply 2 different products separately)... I have less hair than when I started. I can already see the NW2 slowly forming, and I also got less crown density... It didn't cure my itch as well... doesn't work. At least it seems I got not sides, but so what, my confidence is still crushed since I keep lossing hair and I think im going to fall into a depression if I can't stop it.
  • 01-28-2017 12:11 PM
    k9gatton
    I've been using topical Finasteride (the equivalent of one milligram, or .1% ml per gram) for over two years.

It has DEFINITELY helped my hair, no question. My hair is much densely populated.

Anybody interested in updates?

Topical is slightly more effective, for combating androgen alopecia. In general, it stops
    around seventy six percent DHT formation.

Solid Finasteride only stops an average of seventy percent.

That said, the side effects are probably the same for both.

Haven't had any sides, I'm happy to say.
  • 01-28-2017 12:58 PM
    skyguy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by k9gatton View Post
    I've been using topical Finasteride (the equivalent of one milligram, or .1% ml per gram) for over two years.

It has DEFINITELY helped my hair, no question. My hair is much densely populated.

Anybody interested in updates?

Topical is slightly more effective, for combating androgen alopecia. In general, it stops
    around seventy six percent DHT formation.

Solid Finasteride only stops an average of seventy percent.

That said, the side effects are probably the same for both.

Haven't had any sides, I'm happy to say.

are u preparing topical finasteride or u r buying it from somewhere?
    there is only one topical fin product available in the market and that's all i can get right now
    Morrf 5%
    http://darksmart1.com/shop/minoxidil...l-dht-blocker/

is it legit?
  • 02-01-2017 06:56 AM
    thechamp
    Quote:

Originally Posted by skyguy View Post
    are u preparing topical finasteride or u r buying it from somewhere?
    there is only one topical fin product available in the market and that's all i can get right now
    Morrf 5%
    http://darksmart1.com/shop/minoxidil...l-dht-blocker/

is it legit?

The problem with topical fin it still goes systematic so we will still get the same side effects weight gain and erectile dysfunction
  • 02-01-2017 08:06 AM
    maddy17
    Thank you for your informative posts. I love your photo (I am female but the guys board is way more active and honestly, you guys know more about this stuff.) The Espumil looks very interesting as a solution, read some of your other posts on fin. Their website does says Azaelic acid is "untested" with the Espumil, so you think it is compatible? I have taken the Blackseed Oil orally to decrease mast cell activation. also, Sodium Butyrate can also be taken orally, and when we have a really healthy gut and intake enough fiber our microbes make it, but if our diet is not perfect, if we have had antibiotic exposure, etc it can be depleted. Scientifically, it does many things, but it increases Tregs both in the gut and peripherally in tissue and Tregs downregulate mast cells. Mast cells are involved in hair loss. It also decreases the secretion of IL6 from the lining of intestines, and IL6 is an inflammatory cytokine with many downstream impacts. IL6 upregulates the adrenals response to ACTH, which means not only more cortisol but also more DHEA...which the body converts into androgens...source of DHT. S.B, also increases insulin sensitivity by 30%. Insulin makes the 5AR enzyme run faster, so we want lower insulin. It also upregulates adiponectin.
  • 02-01-2017 08:11 AM
    maddy17
    so do you think topical Dut has same potential? Fin has a molecular weight of somewhere around 325 daltons, where as Dut is 528, which is over the 500 Dalton skin absorption threshold rule, but GSK says in packaging info can be absorbed through skin, or is that just GSK CYA lawyers?
  • 02-01-2017 08:21 AM
    maddy17
    Desmond, so from what I have read Fin has a molecular weight near 325 daltons, but Dut has a molecular weight of around 528 daltons...just a bit over that 500 topical absorption limit. But all the documentation from GSK says women should not handle open capsules due to skin absorption, and that women can absorb vaginally from semen and such (granted mucosal membranes have different absorption potentials). So do you think Dut is absorbable transdermally?
  • 03-08-2017 08:09 AM
    Rizaan
    I just started using 0.1% finesteride topically (with 5% minoxidil, both in a lipid solution), which is equivalent to 1mg per 1 ml. I feel like that is too much for someone just starting out. Can I add some minoxidil 5% (with aminexil) to dilute the finesteride a bit? I want to do the tapering method.
  • 03-08-2017 08:52 AM
    marklin
    Dr. Wesley sale topical finesteride in the US.
    http://www.drcarloswesley.com/medica...for-hair-loss/

1050 Fifth Avenue
    New York, NY 10028
    (844) 745-6362
  • 03-15-2017 08:05 PM
    d3nt3dsh0v3l
    I'm interested in updates! What's the vehicle?
    I am contemplating getting H&W's liposomal fin. They seem like reputable transplant surgeons and their clinic claims that nobody has side effects on the topical (but there is a user that I saw on here that claimed he was using the same and did indeed experience side effects). If I end up going through with it, I will make sure to get my bloodwork done before and after. There's no point in taking it if it goes systemic since it's relatively expensive and I don't feel comfortable taking oral finasteride :( .

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM