• 01-25-2018 05:01 PM
    DannyThage
    18 Male, Am I going bald? [Pics]
    Hello!
    I'm new to the forums, here is a little about me.
    I'm 18, Male living in Japan,
    My mothers family has no issues.
    my Father is in his 50's and has almost no hair left......

Is my hairline receding?
    the edges of my hairline still has very thin short hair.

I'm planning on using minoxidil 1x a day,
    Fina scares me especially when I already have gynecomastia so I'll likely avoid it.
    If it makes my Gynecomastia worse I'm worried it will get bigger and not reverse.

What should I do?
    and anything to know about minoxidil and Fina apart from whats on the box?

imgur.com/a/mZEJN (a whole album of pictures)

https://i.imgur.com/68kEctl.jpg
  • 01-25-2018 05:12 PM
    mrclean
    Can't tell from this picture. Rogaine doesn't do much for the hairline but may slow it down if you think you are losing hair in the front.
  • 01-25-2018 05:34 PM
    DannyThage
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mrclean View Post
    Can't tell from this picture. Rogaine doesn't do much for the hairline but may slow it down if you think you are losing hair in the front.

Hey thanks for the reply!

https://imgur.com/a/mZEJN these are a whole album of pictures of my head.... the quality is low but I have these thin short hair's around the edges of my hairline...
    Kinda sad to hear Rogaine won't recover it well :(
    too afraid of these ones that directly stop the hormones... I wish there was more research done on tropical ones or just localized inhibitors :(
  • 01-25-2018 10:42 PM
    KnightsArmor
    I don't see any signs of recession, shirt hairs on the hairline doesn't mean you are experiencing MPB, if you were to look at a person, whonisnt experiencing MPB, frontal hairline you'd see they have short hairs as well. All you can do is monitor it and don't stress :)
  • 01-25-2018 10:46 PM
    KnightsArmor
    1 Attachment(s)
    Question for Danny and Raul: What norwood am I? I am unsure if i am suffering from a receding*hairline, Ive been monitoring*myhairline*for about 6-7 years and haven't noticed any further hairless or recession-- I recently cut off*my*dreadlocks that I had for 3 years. Since 9th grade in HS I've noticed that*my*hairline*was not as straight as others in fact i had a v shape*hairline*with a prominent widows peak. 6 years later after cutting*my*hair completely off,*myhairline*still remains in the V shape pattern. I don't have any diffusion,*my*hair is thick overall, Its just the frontal*hairline*that really bothers me. When*my*hair is fully grown its unnoticeable, but now that I cut all*my*hair off the v shape is really noticeable. Thank You.
  • 01-27-2018 01:04 AM
    DannyThage
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rahul123 View Post
    In my opinion, these are not the signs of baldness. This is the actual pattern of your hairline and still, if you are worried then you use some haircare products to prevent hair loss.

so I just have a naturally M shapes hairline??

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightsArmor View Post
    I don't see any signs of recession, shirt hairs on the hairline doesn't mean you are experiencing MPB, if you were to look at a person, whonisnt experiencing MPB, frontal hairline you'd see they have short hairs as well. All you can do is monitor it and don't stress :)

so I have a some what deepish temple area naturally?

Will minox help me grow the small hairs into big hairs?
  • 01-29-2018 04:26 PM
    DannyThage
    Bump, would using minox be bad even if I am not balding?
  • 01-29-2018 09:31 PM
    BaldBearded
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rahul123 View Post
    In my opinion, these are not the signs of baldness. This is the actual pattern of your hairline and still, if you are worried then you use some haircare products to prevent hair loss.

There are no "haircare products to prevent hair loss"! Anything that someone will sell you, will just steal your money. MPB (Male Pattern Baldness) is caused by a combination of genetics and hormones. Environmental factors, like stress and diet, can accelerate this process. There is no product you can put in your hair that will prevent this.
  • 02-01-2018 08:39 PM
    DannyThage
    but the hormones (DHT) can be altered. thats why fina and other stuff works right?
  • 02-03-2018 03:51 AM
    BaldBearded
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyThage View Post
    but the hormones (DHT) can be altered. thats why fina and other stuff works right?

Yes, but generally you won't get a prescription unless you show signs of baldness. No reputable doctor will prescribe Propecia as a prophylaxis, so I would just wait.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Benefits of Resveratrol for hair and health
05-05-2022 01:46 AM
Last Post By felixten
Yesterday 11:59 PM
1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
03-27-2024 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
03-27-2024 08:38 AM