• 09-12-2009 09:45 AM
    El Nino
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    Hi El Nino
    Do you think the meds are creating any growth in the crown area,also how are you finding the foam,any irritation to your scalp at all.
    Thanks bm.

Hi BM,

Just saw your question. I stopped the foam in February this year because I thought it wasn't helping. But I looked more closely at my pics a couple of months ago and realised that it was regrowing and thickening the area below the HT. I didn't realise at the time cos I was just looking at the transplanted area.

So I started using the liquid minox in July (only in the area below my HT) and it is starting to work again. I didn't have any irritation with the foam but found it a bit messy and it smelled and turned by hair silver! I haven't had any irritation with the liquid but it does cause my scalp to flake.

I haven't had any regrowth with the Finasteride but it has improved the quality of my hair, mainly by bringing back the pigment so it looks a bit darker.

Also, thanks to everyone else for the compliments.
  • 09-22-2009 04:48 AM
    bigmac
    Good to hear you are getting some benefits from the minox.
    I may try the 5% liquid once a day as the extra strength 5% irritated my scalp and i had loads of flakey skin(snow storm).

Cheers bm.
  • 10-11-2009 12:00 PM
    Red20
    I think it looks great El Nino!

Dr Rahal did a great job!

Congratulations! :)
  • 10-17-2009 01:01 PM
    bullitnut
    looks amazing, another top drawer result by rahal:)
  • 11-11-2009 10:17 AM
    Keepmyhair
    are you using any concealer?? this looks amazing
  • 11-11-2009 11:11 AM
    mattj
    Great result on the crown, but it looks like you had a hairline constructed too! Do you really consider yourself a NW3?
  • 11-16-2009 04:47 AM
    El Nino
    Cheers guys.

Keepmyhair,
    I have never used concealers.

mattj,
    My hairline is naturally high but very thick and I haven't lost a single hair from it. I considered myself to be a NW 3 Vertex (crown).

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth