• 04-05-2009 07:28 AM
    strong
    Can body exercise like pull ups, squats, and push up be safe to perform post-op?
    I was told in a week I can start to workout againg but to be safe I would like to here other opinion on this since their are alot. I'm 10 days post of from a small FUE. I'm dying to workout again but afraid to risk grafts being lost because of workingout. Can bodyweight exercise like push ups,pull ups, dips, chin ups, squats, step ups etc be safe to perform?
    Thanks
  • 04-05-2009 10:19 AM
    SpencerKobren
    Hey Strong,
    At this point your grafts are completely anchored. Since you had FUE performed, you don’t have to be concerned about scar stretch back, so I think you’re good to go.
  • 04-05-2009 08:38 PM
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    At 10 days post-op you are totally safe to go ahead with full workouts. I practice in Florida and have a high percentage of my patients that work out regularly. The first question they have is always , how soon can I get back to my normal work out routine? t this point your success is now in the hands of a higher power. Good luck!
  • 04-06-2009 12:14 AM
    strong
    I'm glad to hear that I can resume working out. Thanks 4 the replies.
  • 04-07-2009 01:12 PM
    gillenator
    strong,

One thing to add. If you work your abs and do sit ups and crunches in your routine, STOP THEM. Why? If you had strip you can stretch your linear scar. Don't do anything that would put undue tension or pulling in the occipital area of your scalp where your donor scar is located. IMHO, wait on this type of activity for at least two months.
  • 04-07-2009 11:12 PM
    strong
    I didn't get strip I actully had a small session of FUE done. Thanks for the advice though.
  • 04-10-2009 01:02 PM
    gillenator
    Quote:

Originally Posted by strong View Post
    I didn't get strip I actully had a small session of FUE done. Thanks for the advice though.

Well happy growth!
  • 04-11-2009 03:07 PM
    strong
    thanks gillenator

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth