• 01-28-2018 06:45 AM
    Spex
    Spex gets ATP ( Advanced Tricho Pigmentation ) to increase density !
    Hi guys,

I recently received ATP ( Advanced Tricho Pigmentation ) into my old FUT
    scars and also into my crown region to enable me to wear my hair shorter
    and also increase the overall density of the donor region as well as thicken
    up the appearance of my crown greatly.

Further information also with a video of the process and interview can be seen
    here on the link below. I had the procedure performed in the UK at The Harley St Hair Clinic.
    This technique will undoubtedly continue to help many hair loss patients thicken
    up their hair and also aid the illusion of density with hair transplants greatly too.

https://vimeo.com/252634333

I'm incredibly happy with the results !!
    Any questions - please ask.
    Regards
    Spex
  • 01-30-2018 03:28 AM
    clee984
    I'm seriously considering having this done, it looks great (and based on this I'll probably go to that very same clinic), but I was wondering what happens when your hair goes grey? Are you left with 'wrong' coloured visible spots on your head?

This is the only thing that prevents me getting this type of procedure - worrying that it'll become obvious in later life.
  • 01-30-2018 02:10 PM
    Spex
    Hi Clee,

The base of a grey hair follicle is usually black at the root. The change to grey takes some time and as ATP itself fades over time we can adjust the amount of pigmentation applied. ATP lasts for around 4-7 years depending on skin type and itself is fading over time. When hair greys in the future and becomes more translucent an experienced technician would adjust the amount and coverage pattern to a very light effect to help blend in any future ATP top up with increased Grey hair.

The combination of knowledge and experience in how much pigment and shade to apply and what density and distribution is crucial to get the best result. Any concerns regarding future greying are best talked at the consultation stage with the clinic and if you are experiencing a fast change to grey hair, then a conservative ATP approach is more desirable to ensure the finished effect is natural and undetectable.

Overall advice is to start with a light ATP session as that helps assess how the skin reacts to pigment and also how the hair and ATP blend together before the session to finish the process.

Regards
    Spex
  • 01-31-2018 03:04 AM
    clee984
    That's interesting, thanks Spex, excellent information as always - if the pigmentation fades over time then that answers my question. I have no problem with shelling out a little bit for something like this if it looks good, and at the moment I would just be considering a conservative procedure. I had an HT in 2011 and I'm still delighted with the results, but I'd like to do something about the scar so that I can have my hair cut shorter if I want to, and this seems like the ideal solution.

This type of procedure seems to be becoming more common, and it makes sense to me, because I think most bald/balding guys are really concerned with appearing bald, rather than wanting long flowing locks they can style. Baldness is just not a particularly good look for a lot of men, particularly white guys.

Cheers.
  • 01-31-2018 05:47 AM
    Spex
    Let me know if you need any further help. I agree with you.

Regards
    Spex
  • 02-02-2018 10:47 PM
    Spex
    2 Attachment(s)
    Hi guys,
    Just waiting on HR pics but here are some in the meantime.:cool: These were taking dimmed before the ATP session and also dimmed after so you can still see ink residue. Roll on the summer when i do my buzz cut.
    Regards
    Spex
  • 03-06-2018 07:32 AM
    FearTheLoss
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Hi guys,
    Just waiting on HR pics but here are some in the meantime.:cool: These were taking dimmed before the ATP session and also dimmed after so you can still see ink residue. Roll on the summer when i do my buzz cut.
    Regards
    Spex

Hey Spex, can you post those HR pics? I'm interested in getting this done to increase the how dense my donor area looks in regions I've had FUE extractions.
  • 03-06-2018 07:34 AM
    FearTheLoss
    Also, it did you have it done throughout your entire donor area? It looks much darker and denser in the pictures you posted.
  • 03-13-2018 04:51 AM
    Spex
    Hi,

Sorry for delay. Im still waiting on pics. I'll chase. I did have it though donor yes. It looks darker as these pics were dimmed post op. Happy to meet up at consults in Birmingham in April to show you if this helps or next time I'm in London as the pics don't do the work justice.

Regards
    Spex
  • 06-06-2018 11:07 AM
    Spex
    Hi guys,

I’ve done an article for Apetogentleman on my ATP experience along with updated shaved down pics at 6 months post ATP session !

https://www.apetogentleman.com/advan...-pigmentation/

Regards
    Spex

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen