• 07-19-2017 06:07 PM
    markusbdc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackito View Post
    20+ years.. wow that's incredible! What Norwood were you destined for if you don't mind me asking? As for your sex drive, are you sure some of that is not due to natural aging? Not to be demoralising but after all, you are 62 and how many people your age are sexually active.. not ****ing many is the answer so congratulations to still be hitting it with a head of hair. I'm surprised you're still taking this medication and especially DUT. I would've let the inevitable take its course at 50.

I would say I was destined for a NW 5/6 with the typical Hippocratic horseshoe...I would try to chalk my lack of sex drive to natural aging but don't feel I can do that and be honest with myself. When I was on finasteride I always had a pretty strong sex drive,great performance and plenty of ejaculate volume. As soon as I started on Dutasteride things changed markedly in all departments and have remained that way. It was immediate and unmistakable. I can't really say that after a year now that the dutasteride is saving much hair and I am tempted to go back on finasteride and drop the dut as I want to have more sex drive. I think what happens is that as you age more and more follicles flip their little genetically set clock switches to the DHT sensitive on position and if there is so much as a molecule of DHT floating around it kills them off -so you can take all the DHT blockers you want and you are still gonna lose plenty of hair. All you have to do is get old and its inevitable unless you are/were Ronald Reagan. Yeah although I am well past 50 I hate giving up as I feel just like I did when I was 20. Hell I could be 92 and I would still be pissed off about losing my hair...Just me I guess.........................*sigh*
  • 07-20-2017 02:21 AM
    Jackito
    Quote:

Originally Posted by markusbdc View Post
    I would say I was destined for a NW 5/6 with the typical Hippocratic horseshoe...I would try to chalk my lack of sex drive to natural aging but don't feel I can do that and be honest with myself. When I was on finasteride I always had a pretty strong sex drive,great performance and plenty of ejaculate volume. As soon as I started on Dutasteride things changed markedly in all departments and have remained that way. It was immediate and unmistakable. I can't really say that after a year now that the dutasteride is saving much hair and I am tempted to go back on finasteride and drop the dut as I want to have more sex drive. I think what happens is that as you age more and more follicles flip their little genetically set clock switches to the DHT sensitive on position and if there is so much as a molecule of DHT floating around it kills them off -so you can take all the DHT blockers you want and you are still gonna lose plenty of hair. All you have to do is get old and its inevitable unless you are/were Ronald Reagan. Yeah although I am well past 50 I hate giving up as I feel just like I did when I was 20. Hell I could be 92 and I would still be pissed off about losing my hair...Just me I guess.........................*sigh*

You're definitely not the only one in the position! I'm scared of starting the drug because I'm the same.. if it works and I see results I don't think I'd ever be able to withdrawn myself from it. At your age women won't give a toss about hair loss, more than 50% of males your age will be bald and to be honest, to last over 20 years on finasteride I doubt your hair loss is even that aggressive. You're obviously not going to keep a lot of it because everyone's hair thins at your age. My grandfather had the thickest head of hair all throughout his life and then as soon as he hit his 60's he started to thin. It's a natural process of aging.
  • 08-07-2017 04:04 AM
    zurich
    Balding isn't inevitable as you age. Check out Ronnie Wood and Mick Jagger - old guys with young heads of hair. And young girlfriends of course.
  • 08-22-2017 04:52 PM
    JohnMPB
    Dear spex
    Plz update
  • 08-23-2017 10:08 AM
    markusbdc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zurich View Post
    Balding isn't inevitable as you age. Check out Ronnie Wood and Mick Jagger - old guys with young heads of hair. And young girlfriends of course.

Oh trust me - it is inevitable if you have the baldness gene (unlike those two)....
  • 09-05-2017 11:10 PM
    JohnMPB
    Spexxxxxx
    Updateeeee
    Pleaseeeeee
  • 09-05-2017 11:19 PM
    JohnMPB
    double post
  • 09-05-2017 11:54 PM
    Spex
    Hi ! Sorry I've not updated - Ive been manic busy. I am happy to report DUT and i have got on very well. Ive not experienced anything but positives, no sides and i feel my hair generally is better and crown holding well with possibly little boost to it. Im continuing with it.
  • 09-07-2017 07:57 PM
    JohnMPB
    Thanks for the update. Any pics?
  • 09-19-2017 06:44 AM
    Spex
    1 Attachment(s)
    Nothing really to show via a pic but here you go:cool:
    Regards
    Spex

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth