hairs in the shower etc.

Printable View

• 02-16-2012 06:41 AM
    henrysickle
    hairs in the shower etc.
    is it normal for a guy without any hair loss to experience about 5-10 hairs coming out in the shower?

and on my computer with a black keyboard, i scratch my head and i see about 5-10 or so on there.

is that within the normal range for someone without hair loss?
  • 02-16-2012 06:44 AM
    Tracy C
    It is normal for humans to shed up to 100 hairs per day, even people who are not experiencing hair loss.
  • 02-16-2012 11:22 AM
    StressedToTheBald
    Its perfectly normal, even much more than that number.
  • 02-16-2012 11:29 AM
    UK_
    No, run to the hills.
  • 02-17-2012 05:30 AM
    mattj
    5-10 hairs in the shower is nothing. Anyone who says they don't shed hairs because they never see any just isn't paying enough attention.

Do you shed 5-10 hairs onto your keyboard every time you scratch your head?

If so then that does seem like a lot. Where and when the shed hairs fall will depend somewhat on your hair washing routine. Washing is when most are rinsed away, and if you go quite long between hair washes then hair will be more likely to fall at other times.
  • 02-17-2012 04:44 PM
    henrysickle
    hi,

no it's not every time. at least i don't think. i wash my hair everyday, and notice say three or four hairs on my hand then.

it can be a couple when i scratch my head, it's never 5 in one go. if am doing work on my computer, over say...i dunno, a days work, it's about 6 or 7 on my kebaord. i think i see more on my keyboard due to a period of time they build up, if that makes sense? i don't see an 'abnormal' amount. so it stands to reason that that's the normal amount?

also while i'm here, a quick question about family history. my dad has receded a bit, and started in his 40's. his hair is a different colour than mine, and different texture. my great uncle had a similar colour head of hair as i do, with a different texture, but he lost his in his 20's. my mom blames it on the war from all the horrible stuff he saw. would that cause it? would their patterns have any bearing on mine, or if i'm not showing signs of hair loss at all now at 22, i'm doing okay?
  • 02-17-2012 08:01 PM
    Tracy C
    Since you know hereditary hair loss runs in your family, if your hair loss bothers you, you need to see a doctor who specializes in treating hair loss for an assessment.
  • 02-17-2012 08:06 PM
    Maradona
    Quote:

Originally Posted by henrysickle View Post
    is it normal for a guy without any hair loss to experience about 5-10 hairs coming out in the shower?

and on my computer with a black keyboard, i scratch my head and i see about 5-10 or so on there.

is that within the normal range for someone without hair loss?

I shed about 150 in the shower Bro.

5-10 would be below normal.

One musn't count hairs to see if theyre balding...it's the thinning and if they regrow which one should watch out for.

Counting hairs will drive you crazy.
  • 02-18-2012 12:13 PM
    henrysickle
    lol. well it's only recently that i've found out you do lose about 100 hairs a day, hence my worry. btw, when i say scratch my head, i mean vigorously rub my hair to check for fallen hairs. this morning when i woke up with gel still in, i got about 6. about half an hour ago i got about 3 or 4.

anyway, what i asked about my uncle, could see atrocities in the war had caused his hair loss?
  • 02-18-2012 12:17 PM
    Tracy C
    Quote:

...i mean vigorously rub my hair to check for fallen hairs.

Don't do that. You can pull out hairs that were not likely to fall out but fall out anyways because you are not treating your hair properly.

Quote:

...anyway, what i asked about my uncle, could see atrocities in the war had caused his hair loss?

I believe high levels of stress such as that can trigger the process.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth