Stem Cell Research: "Only our grandchildren will benefit"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • Oct 2011

Stem Cell Research: "Only our grandchildren will benefit"

British geneticist and stem cell researcher Martin J. Evans (nobel prize winner in 2007) recently in an interview in Vienna:

Evans: "Only our grandchildren will benefit" (German/English)
    (from the use of stem cells to repair diseased organs)
  • The Alchemist
    • Mar 2011

Good find and undoubtedly true. So will your directive for the mortician be "with" or "without" a hair piece?

Comment

• re22
      • Nov 2011

Find another interest for your autistic mind to obsess over then.

Comment

• Oct 2011

Originally posted by The Alchemist
        Good find and undoubtedly true. So will your directive for the mortician be "with" or "without" a hair piece?
        hmmrm, I would say, you should at least note in your testament that your grandchildren should check out hair loss forums for working hair loss cures not earlier (because otherwise it would be just a waste of time) than 2062 – according to nobel prize winner Evans.

Comment

• Breaking Bald
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by 534623
          British geneticist and stem cell researcher Martin J. Evans (nobel prize winner in 2007) recently in an interview in Vienna:

Thanks for the positivity mate...I don't see how this can be true seeing as Histogen and Replicel are already on the case.

Comment

• Jan 2012

Quoting a German article? Now I'm 100% positive that you're Iron_Man...

Things like Replicel and Aderans - those things are far off since they're taking the most complicated way. Tokyo guys? Add another decade.

Histogen has the right and the simplest method - injecting factors that made your hair grow in the first place.

Comment

• rdawg
              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by 2020

Things like Replicel and Aderans - those things are far off since they're taking the most complicated way. Tokyo guys? Add another decade.

Histogen has the right and the simplest method - injecting factors that made your hair grow in the first place.
              Plus the possibility of PGD2 mixed with other factors.

There's alot of things coming in the next 5 years that have a big chance of at least causing moderate growth.

This time 2016 I'd imagine Allergan, Histogen, PGD2 will be on the market(or very close to being on the market.)

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
                • Feb 2011

This really isn't true since people are already currently benefitting from stem cell cures/treatments.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                  • Nov 2011

Are you not against histogen?

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
                    Are you not against histogen?
                    I'm for their method but I'm afraid they're too incompetent to figure out why it's not working so it will either take forever or it will fail miserably.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                      • May 2011

Well some people have been benefiting from stem cell therapy for a long time, at least in a crude way with bone marrow transplants.

22 years ago they also tried the first gene therapy for a condition called severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID). It worked. They tried something similar on 10 kids with SCID in 2000. Turns out by 2007 4 of the 10 had developed leukaemia so yes we can have gene therapies but let's not rush them. There's very dangerous complications if we're not careful.

Comment

• ccmethinning
                        • Jan 2012

You're a quick one, aren't you?

Comment

• clandestine
                          • Aug 2011

Dear Iron_Man; Go back to hairsite.

Regards,
                          btt.

Comment

• clarence
                            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by 534623

He is 71. His grandchildren are probably already middle-aged.

Comment

Working...