• 01-13-2016 04:25 AM
    tomgreencheesyman
    Transplant from other donor...but with a twist
    I was curious, i have had an organ transplant and am currently taking immunosuppressants. I have started losing my hair and that had me thinking. What would stop me from getting donor hair from another person or cadaver? Would this even be possible? That is assuming i could find a physician willing to do it...Baldness sucks
  • 01-13-2016 10:28 AM
    jamesst11
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tomgreencheesyman View Post
    I was curious, i have had an organ transplant and am currently taking immunosuppressants. I have started losing my hair and that had me thinking. What would stop me from getting donor hair from another person or cadaver? Would this even be possible? That is assuming i could find a physician willing to do it...Baldness sucks

definitely not possible at all... perhaps in 10-20 years.
  • 01-13-2016 12:48 PM
    tomgreencheesyman
    Can you explain why?
  • 01-13-2016 02:06 PM
    jamesst11
    rejection
  • 01-13-2016 11:37 PM
    AlexieJ
    I'm also thinking of the same thing, but no matter how I think of it I don't think it will be possible not even in the next decade.
  • 04-10-2016 05:00 PM
    alex777
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    rejection

Well, as per americanhairloss.org/surgical_hair_restoration/understanding_hair_transplants.asp:

Quote:

In general, it is believed that hair transplanted from one person to another will be rejected unless anti-rejection medications are taken for life
    He did say he's on immunosuppressants. Not sure if it's the same thing though.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth