• 11-23-2010 08:25 PM
    Westonci
    Quote:

Originally Posted by miozambrotta19 View Post
    Do you know when the interview might be?
    Maybe they might talk about the upcoming 1 and 2 trails in Singapore

In tonights live show, he said hopefully next week he will speak to either Craig Ziering and or Gail Naughton
  • 11-25-2010 08:14 PM
    Westonci
    Dr Epstein Using Acell

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I dont understand why hes using beard hairs? Dr. Cooley said that scalp hairs where more effective, and creating a fuller look in his third video of his presentation

http://www.iahrs.org/news/dr-jerry-c...tion-part-3-4/
  • 11-30-2010 03:51 PM
    Westonci
    http://www.socaltech.com/histogen_ra...s-0032513.html

Histogen Raises $10M

San Diego-based Histogen, a developer of regenerative medicine products, announced today that it has raised $10M in a Series A financing round. The financing came from private investors, including Secure Medical, Leonard Lavin, Lordship Ventures, and Angus Mitchell. Histogen is developing regenerative medicine products which do not contain embryonic stem cells or animal components, and are being applied to hair regrowth, skincare, and oncology. The firm said it is in the midst of a $23M, Series B financing which already has commitments. Histogen said it is scheduled to begin a Phase I/II clinical trail of a hair stimulating product in Spring 2011, and is also in the process of beginning a clinical study for a compound for the treatment of carcinomatosis.
  • 12-02-2010 02:45 AM
    HairRobinHood
    Dr. Cole is criticizes public Dr. Cooley’s work with ACell
    Dr. Cole on ACell – Part 1 – 4:
    http://www.*************/hair-loss/bo...ategory-1.html

Just to quote 1 user-comment:
    Quote:

“…so it seems to me that Dr Cole is effectively saying Drs Cooley and Hitzig are either idiots or liars.”
  • 12-02-2010 02:48 AM
    HairRobinHood
    Dr. Cole criticizes public Dr. Cooley’s work with ACell
    Dr. Cole on ACell – Part 1 – 4:
    http://www.*************/hair-loss/bo...ategory-1.html

Just to quote 1 user-comment:
    Quote:

“…so it seems to me that Dr Cole is effectively saying Drs Cooley and Hitzig are either idiots or liars.”
  • 12-02-2010 04:25 AM
    wolvie1985
    The sour grapes of a renowned egomaniac. This is a guy who apparently tried to sue his former tech to stop him from going to another HT clinic.

Rather than contribute to this advancement, Dr. Cole appears to be trying to marginalize it so as to preserve the relevance of his "CIT" (aka reguar FUE) sales.

One thing he kept mentioning was that the plucked Acell hairs grow back thinner than a regular transplanted hair. Somebody please confirm that Dr. Cole and Dr. Hitzig are claiming these results. I did see a pic where the hairs growing in were thinner, but understood that to be because they were just starting to sprout, and like any hair transplant, take time to mature. Dr. Cole is saying that auto-cloned hairs remain thinner than normal forever.

Spencer, can we get confirmation on this from either Hitzig or Cooley? Cheers.
  • 12-02-2010 10:14 AM
    Westonci
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wolvie1985 View Post
    The sour grapes of a renowned egomaniac. This is a guy who apparently tried to sue his former tech to stop him from going to another HT clinic.

Rather than contribute to this advancement, Dr. Cole appears to be trying to marginalize it so as to preserve the relevance of his "CIT" (aka reguar FUE) sales.

One thing he kept mentioning was that the plucked Acell hairs grow back thinner than a regular transplanted hair. Somebody please confirm that Dr. Cole and Dr. Hitzig are claiming these results. I did see a pic where the hairs growing in were thinner, but understood that to be because they were just starting to sprout, and like any hair transplant, take time to mature. Dr. Cole is saying that auto-cloned hairs remain thinner than normal forever.

Spencer, can we get confirmation on this from either Hitzig or Cooley? Cheers.

Im also wondering where dr Cole got his info from regarding the "supposed" thinned plucked hair. Im sure that Doctor Rassman or bernstein would have mentioned it in their analysis, but they have not heard of this yet.

It sound like to me that dr Cole is hiding something
  • 12-02-2010 10:46 AM
    ryan555
    Guys, I had a corrective procedure done with Dr. Cole a month ago. I am a fan of the guy and will not say anything bad about him. But, I did ask him his opinion on Dr. Cooley's work and he was unaware of it. I told him about it and he was skeptical but said it sounded interesting. I doubt Dr. Cole has done a whole lot of work to disprove this method over the past four weeks and he is probably just a general skeptic when it comes to these advancements, which is healthy because all new technology should be challenged. I wouldn't get too upset about it.
  • 12-04-2010 08:24 AM
    Gubter_87
    When do you guys think we will have a clearer picture of what A-cell can do for us balding men?
    Bascially, the only thing that is stopping me from having a hair transplant is whether or not A-cell works. If it does work I will not have to worry about my transplant looking weird in the future because of not having enough donor.

In my eyes it is already proven that a plucked hair will regrow with a success rate of 50-75 % with Dr. Cooley using A-cell. It seems the only issue is that we do not know if the hair will cycle normally.
    But considering that the hair has probably already gone into resting phase when it was transplanted, and then started growing - it seems that things are pointing toward that it will cycle as it should.

But how long do you think a definite answer to this will take?
    Also, are there any other issues that I fail to see?
  • 12-20-2010 04:34 PM
    CVAZBAR
    Stem cell bald cure possibly!!
    With all this talk about Acell, I am surprised that no one on this forum, including Spencer, has brought up the news this week about stem cell research.

I am referring to the report that stem cells have been used, for the very first time, to create a living hair follicle. This report comes from Ronald Lauster at Berlin Technical University. The news has been reported in the popular media during the past few days. Spencer, what do you think about this news? The guy predicts people will be able to use this in 5 years.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM