• 02-26-2010 03:03 PM
    gillenator
    There are other good threads here on this subject
  • 03-04-2010 12:55 PM
    CIT
    UVB and transplanted grafts...
    Hey TennisPlayer,

You should probably do nothing at all. The only way to determine how severe the sun's effects on you would be to evaluate the fully matured results at a later time in the future. A sunburn could easily kill the grafts, so you can only hope that the UVB rays didn't adversely affect your scalp. Keep a white hat and a thick sunblock on stand-by so you don't find yourself in a not-so-good situation. Keep'em covered until they grow because they are your investment and a trophy to show someone's hard work.:cool:

This advice is not medical advice
  • 03-04-2010 02:16 PM
    thejack
    I experienced a thermal burn on my head a year ago. The skin was red, oozing puss, and irritable for a couple months. I used bio oil and still do occasionally which has healed it. The pigment has returned but from time to time it feels slightly itchy and a bit dry. Do you think this would affect the results if I were to have a hair transplant? The hair around seems to be in good order..
  • 03-08-2010 08:36 PM
    nt2008
    New hat to protect your head
    I have discovered a new hat after hair loss and found it to be great and want to recommend it all who need to cover their head or provide protection from sun.
    The hat is made of organic cotton so it is super soft and comfortable. It is also antibacterial and hypoallergenic. It is also stylish with embroidery and comes is adjustable sizes. It is called recovercap and you can find it on line at recovercap.com.
  • 03-08-2010 10:54 PM
    gallovolador
    And what about the exposure to very low temperatures?, typically found in non tropical latitudes during winter.
    There is a lot of advice about avoiding sun exposure after surgery for several months from all doctors but i still didnt find a single recomendation about being exposed to freezeing temperatures (below OșC) during postop. And i write and ask about this because these tempertures also burn the skin, and the recipient skin is even much more sensible and unprotected which probably means that could be burnt with a lower time of exposure and not so low temperature than the rest of skin will need to be burnt. Correct me please if im wrong.
    I had the situation that 25 days after my transplant i had a walk of about 10 minutes from my office to my car (without hat because i always try to avoid it unless there is sun), the outside temperature was -2șC, was windy and i could realised that i had some light disconfort in my recepient area and that inmidiatly after my skin seems to be lightly more red, all this was gone after a couple of hours so i thought that because the symptons were very temporary and light most probably nothing wrong had happened, and decided not to search for medical advise. Am i right with my considerations?, any suggestions?. It would be useful for all of us to have some clear advice also about exposure to low temperatures which are not exclusive from North Pole.
    Thanks a lot before hand for your attention and best regrowth to all!.
  • 04-15-2010 05:31 AM
    Dexter
    Sunlight exposure in the morning
    Hi, I am in the UK and the sunlight here in the mornings like about 9am -10am is very mild. I walk about 30 mins everyday to my work and most of the time its rainy and cold but sometimes sunny but I never feel any heat of sun on my head.
    So, do i still need to cover my head from sun?
    This is my 4th week of surgery and i have some redness on my head, i am so much worried if its due to this sunlight. I researched on internet a week ago, about this redness after surgery, and people discussed it as a normal thing. What would u guys say? please guide me i am so worried.

Thanks
  • 04-15-2010 05:34 AM
    Dexter
    Sun Exposure in the morning
    Hi, I am in the UK and the sunlight here in the mornings like about 9am -10am is very mild. I walk about 30 mins everyday to my work and most of the time its rainy and cold but sometimes sunny but I never feel any heat of sun on my head.
    So, do i still need to cover my head from sun?
    This is my 4th week of surgery and i have some redness on my head, i am so much worried if its due to this sunlight. I researched on internet a week ago, about this redness after surgery, and people discussed it as a normal thing. What would u guys say? please guide me i am so worried.

Thanks
  • 04-15-2010 12:16 PM
    gillenator
    Dexter,

Even though you may not feel the heat on your scalp, exposing it to ultra-viiolet rays that soon post-op can potentially damage your grafts. Any exposure to the sun's rays for more than say 10 minutes is not good. This is true even if there is a cloud cover.

There are some good posts on this subject in this thread.
  • 04-16-2010 05:08 AM
    Dexter
    Symtoms of damage cuz of sunlight
    Hi,

After almost more than 10 days of exposure to mild sunlight i started wearing cap from today, I am so much worried and wonder how much area i might have damaged. Please can anyone tell me the symptoms of follicle damage due to sunlight ?

I have some redness on my transplanted area as well as on the donar area, and i've lost 90% of transplanted hair already in 4 weeks of my surgery.
    There are two strange white hair kind of skin, which i can feel like a peeled tiny thin skin (like hair) that i can feel with touch of my finger.

Please tell me any cure to restore my my hair follicles If possible.
  • 04-29-2010 07:14 PM
    gillenator
    Can you post any pics of the areas you are concerned with? It is really difficult to give you any feedback without seeing the area. It would also be best for you to be examined by a reputable HT doctor as well.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM