• 02-08-2019 04:15 PM
    Elementalhunter
    I am a 19 years old eunuch, I would like to share my story for science
    Hello, I have noticed thining at the crown at the age of 17, and then I had a bilateral orchidectomy (castration) done at 19,now iam 6 months post surgery and iam afraid to take testosterone because I heard that androgens are the cause of androgenic alopecia so iam might need estradiol(estrogen) to stay healthy and keep my hair, I have noticed some regrowth from the castration. All men in my family are bald my 25 so iam afraid,anxiety is taking over my situation, help.
  • 02-10-2019 08:51 AM
    realnamedexter
    What was the indication for the bilateral orchidectomy? You seem a little young to have prostate cancer. Was it testicular cancer?

Anyways, you need to think past baldness, and understand that testosterone has many effects that make you a man. Ie. confidence, energy levels, etc. It's really a balancing act; how important is baldness vs. the positive effects of testosterone. I definitely would not suggest taking estrogen- this will not make you healthy or help you keep your hair. It can cause gynecomastia and other things. Unless you are planning on undergoing sex change I don't see why you would need estrogen therapy.

Hope this helps a bit, best I can do with the info you gave me. I am a physician by the way.
  • 02-10-2019 04:06 PM
    Elementalhunter
    The reason for surgery was because the testicles were dead and infected from self-harm (Injection of toxic substance), I was desperate and suicidal over my hairloss, and this approach was the only one that crossed my mind that time, my endocrinologist told me that I have to be on some sort of hormonal replacement, I may choice estrogen to keep my bones healthy in the long-term plus the hair, I dnt know how I ended up here, iam not transgender but a hair addict

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Sun Exposure after Hair Transplant
02-26-2009 02:36 PM
Last Post By gisecit34
Today 02:28 PM
Surgeons in SE Asia (Thailand)
10-20-2018 10:30 AM
by martino
Last Post By EFab