• 07-15-2012 11:20 AM
    chrisis
    Interesting hair comparison
    http://i.imgur.com/4NEGB.jpg

Which looks better, left or right? On the left, I think the mind "fills in" the blank white rectangle with what would be a normal hairline. On the right, you see my hairline is receded, albeit styled to conceal it somewhat.

I'd quite like a Photoshop wizard to edit the pic to be a genuine decent hairline.

By the way, obviously I'm talking about me. My friend is naturally stunning haha.
  • 07-15-2012 11:24 AM
    WashedOut
    I don't know man. I mean would you look better with a lower hairline? Maybe, maybe not. It seems to be a really minimal difference either way.
  • 07-15-2012 11:26 AM
    chrisis
    That's not really my hairline though... I'm receded, the hair from the sides is styled forward to hide it :)

It would look better and more natural if it was a genuine hairline at that level, rather than clever styling. When i first saw Dr Feller in London in May, he said his reaction was I didn't need any work. Then he saw my actual hairline and understood my concerns.
  • 07-15-2012 11:36 AM
    stratofortress
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    That's not really my hairline though... I'm receded, the hair from the sides is styled forward to hide it :)

It would look better and more natural if it was a genuine hairline at that level, rather than clever styling. When i first saw Dr Feller in London in May, he said his reaction was I didn't need any work. Then he saw my actual hairline and understood my concerns.

You want your hair filled in to the top of white the rectangle, right? :)

If you had it filled to the bottom you might end up with a hairline like Judge Napolitano. :eek:

http://www.lloydmarcus.com/wp-conten...o-headshot.jpg

Regardless looks good styled. If you do go for a HT somewhere down the road I would go for a more conservative hairline rather than the Jersey Shore kind.
  • 07-15-2012 11:51 AM
    25 going on 65
    Man you are lucky to have a strong forelock like that, the dudes who develop the 2A and 3A patterns take a much worse cosmetic hit. I think that's how Jude Law managed to stay looking good as long as he did, even though he was receding for so long.
    Anyhow, I see what you're saying here. More hair in the corners would perhaps make it look more natural and a bit less "hand-crafted" (not being critical though, I think your styling approach works well for your situation....believe me I know its a pain to work out a style that is trendy but also conceals loss)
    Your friend there is mighty cute and doesn't seem to mind your hair!

PS Judge Napolitano needs a hairline wax
  • 07-15-2012 11:52 AM
    chrisis
    I'd say somewhere within that white rectangle, but I agree. Bottom would be too low! I just obscured the whole of the hairline area.

• 07-15-2012 11:55 AM
    Tracy C
    Quote:

Originally Posted by stratofortress View Post

Many women don't even have a hair line like that, though they certainly wish they did.
  • 07-15-2012 11:55 AM
    chrisis
    Thanks 25, haha funny you should say. I have been compared to Jude Law. Shame I got his balding instead of his fame and fortune... :rolleyes:
  • 07-15-2012 11:56 AM
    chrisis
    I got my Photoshop wish. Not sure what I make of it. I look a bit like a lesbian.

http://i.imgur.com/rC4IG.jpg
  • 07-15-2012 12:14 PM
    25 going on 65
    "bit like a lesbian" haha
    Well you wouldn't have to get that exact hairline transplanted. IMO it is bordering on juvenile. I don't think it's horrible but its also real difficult to Photoshop a hairline in that actually looks natural, or how it would after a transplant.
    I have a feeling after a real procedure, you'd have more forehead than that to style around, unless you demanded otherwise. Probably safer to go a little too conservative than a little too aggressive....if you still feel too receded after a procedure, you can get another one down the road, but the last thing you want is to have to get repair work done to pull grafts out of your upper forehead!

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

The Mane Event for Thursday, June 15th, 2023
06-15-2023 02:59 PM
Last Post By gisecit34
Today 02:15 AM
Sun Exposure after Hair Transplant
02-26-2009 02:36 PM
Last Post By SarahCarter
04-22-2024 04:24 PM