Proscar Prescription

Printable View

• 07-04-2012 10:21 PM
    DepressedByHairLoss
    Proscar Prescription
    Hey everyone, I was just listening to old broadcasts of The Bald Truth and Spencer mentioned how he's been taking Proscar as opposed to Propecia. He also said that Proscar has 5 times the dosage of finasteride as Propecia. I've been taking Propecia for 2 years and although it has slowed down my hair loss, it hasn't completely stopped it. Since Spencer has had such totally awesome results (even substantial hair regrowth!) with Proscar, I thought that maybe I should give it a try. However, I doubt my current dermatologist would prescribe me that much finasteride, especially since she's cautioned me several times about overdoing it with the Propecia dosage. Even though I've been experiencing the side effects with Propecia, if I could achieve substantial regrowth with Proscar, then I think that it could be worth it. So where would I go about getting a Proscar prescription, especially here in the U.S.? I'm not sure if your average dermatologist would prescribe that much finasteride so that's why I'm asking.
  • 07-04-2012 10:24 PM
    DepressedByHairLoss
    Sorry that I posted this twice by the way, my computer's a piece of junk.
  • 07-05-2012 01:26 AM
    Spex
    Hi - Proscar is exactly the same drug as Propecia - "Finasteride"

Proscar is 5 mg Finasteride

Propreica is 1 mg Finasteride.

You will not gain any benefits from changing from one to the other - same drug.

The only benefit from taking Proscar is its cheaper.

If it ain't broke dont fix it.;)
  • 07-05-2012 08:50 AM
    PayDay
    I don't think Spencer takes Proscar because he thinks it's better, it’s just that was all that was available when he started taking finasteride. He also says that he only takes about two pills or so a week which really averages out to probably about 10mgs a week. Not much different then just taking Propecia.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth