How Often Should I Feed My Cat Wet Food?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xanderde
    • Feb 2023

How Often Should I Feed My Cat Wet Food?

You can feed your cat wet food daily. If you’re wondering, “how much wet food should I feed my cat?” check the can or consult your veterinarian for feeding recommendations. In general, you can feed an average-sized adult cat one 3-ounce can per 3 to 3½ pounds of body weight daily.

You should adjust this amount depending on whether you also feed your cat dry kibble. Your veterinarian may also recommend feeding more or less wet food depending on your cat’s weight, health and other factors.

You can feed your cat wet food any time of day. It’s important to remember, though, that canned food cannot sit out for more than a half hour to an hour or it will spoil. So, it’s best to feed at a time where you can clean up after your cat if they don’t eat it all.

You can leave dry kibble out all day, so some owners serve it in the morning for their cats to graze on while they’re at work. At night, they feed wet food and refrigerate any leftovers. You could do the opposite, or even serve a mix of wet and dry food at each meal. It all depends on your schedule and your cat’s preferences.
  • liamn2377
    • Mar 2023

Halo Detailing are a horse float and boat detailing business based on the Gold Coast but travel to all surrounding areas of South East Queensland.
    We will take on any job large or small and in any condition and will guarantee to not only meet, but exceed your expectations. Please get in touch to learn more in detail about the services we provide.

Comment

Working...