• 06-06-2013 05:30 PM
    tbtadmin
    Follica Grows New Hair In Humans
    This week on The Bald Truth, Joe from SI calls into to discuss Follica’s two latest announcements that Dr. George Cotsarelis and his team have identified the protein that can help people grow new hair follicles, and that they have successfully used their technology to grow hair in humans for the first time. This is [...]Follica Grows New Hair In Humans is a post from: Hair Loss Show: The Bald Truth

More...
  • 06-06-2013 11:35 PM
    DepressedByHairLoss
    Wow, this is very exciting news and God bless Cotsarelis for what he is doing. This has really given me hope that hair can be regrown, and hope is a very powerful thing.
  • 06-07-2013 09:44 AM
    PayDay
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Wow, this is very exciting news and God bless Cotsarelis for what he is doing. This has really given me hope that hair can be regrown, and hope is a very powerful thing.

It's really great news and it just goes to show you that with all of the arguing and the so called "experts" on these forums no one really knows a thing. These treatments are coming, Aderans, Follica, Replicel, Histogen have NOT failed as some of the sad sacks post here.

A key point to think about when you read these forums is that if the information is coming from someone who is not involved with these companies, then is doesn't mean a thing.
  • 06-07-2013 09:48 AM
    Artista
    Thanks for the Follica posting tbtadmin !!
    For a couple of years quite a few members here and elsewhere declared that Follica was 'dead'. This just goes to show that being impatient does no one any good.
  • 06-07-2013 12:31 PM
    chrisdav
    Great show.
  • 06-07-2013 12:42 PM
    UK_
    Just 5 more years guys.
  • 06-07-2013 12:45 PM
    UK_
    Quote:

Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Just 5 more years guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V64ht1r8APo
  • 06-07-2013 04:39 PM
    PayDay
    Quote:
    You really need to get off of these forums UK, you've become one of the more bitter posters. This is not a healthy place for you.

This is great news even it it takes another 10 years! It means that this stuff can put an end to this one day. Even if for some reason it does't help us, issn't nice to know that the next generation might be helped?
  • 06-07-2013 04:48 PM
    DepressedByHairLoss
    The link that UK posted is 5 years old, and this specific Follica discovery is very different. In this latest discovery, they were able to actually regrow hair in humans and I already believe that they're deep into Phase II with this technology. This isn't another case where hair was regrown in mice but not humans. This is totally different and could benefit us very soon, and that's why I'm totally excited about it. If it was just more mouse s**t that will take a decade to come to fruition, then I would not even be posting about it.
  • 06-07-2013 05:42 PM
    StinkySmurf
    Great show. I haven't watched a lot of Spencer's shows before, but I'm glad I caught that one for the different perspectives, and I definitely had written off Follica so I guess you never know whats gonna happen.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth