• 10-07-2013 08:01 AM
    IB20
    Hello, back with an update.

I've been on Finasteride for nearly 2 years now, I think I've definitely responded. My hair feels thicker all over (seems to have a bit more weight to it now), and I've changed my routine to a single 1mg pill every second day, and have been doing so since November 2012. I took a month off between March and April, because I begun to experience headaches and my doctor recommended taking a break from the pill to see if I was a late bloomer to the side effects of the medication, but it turns out the headaches were in relation to an unrelated allergic reaction, as anti-histamines have cleared that up nicely. Didn't notice any other side effects in that time, and didn't have any shed in the off month. If anything, I feel that the decreased testosterone might be making me less quick to anger, as my friends and fiance have commented that I've been a lot calmer than I have been.

I feel like I've recently begun to experience diminished erections, but still not sure if this is because of the medication or something else in my life. Might just be growing up past the morning wood stage, eh?

Anyways, I thought I'd just pop in and update, because it seems there's so many threads where the user isn't reacting well, I thought it'd be nice to hear a good experience.
  • 10-07-2013 08:14 AM
    Notcoolanymore
    Good to hear you are reacting well, but you know we love pics...
  • 10-07-2013 08:22 AM
    IB20
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Good to hear you are reacting well, but you know we love pics...

I'll see what I can do
  • 10-07-2013 08:57 AM
    IB20
    1 Attachment(s)
    The quality of the pics are quite sketchy, all taken with a phone camera, wasn't expecting to share these at any point. No photos from the start of treatment on this phone, but I'll have to look through my older phones at a later date.

It's a bit obsessive to take photos of your hair/scalp, but I find myself doing it if I'm bored

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth