• 04-08-2013 05:08 PM
    Tracy C
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    This raises a question: what have you been doing up to now?

^ That

I honestly do not understand why this procedure is done on baby boys to begin with. If God did not want your little guy to have a hoodie, he would not have given your little guy a hoodie. Just sayin'...
  • 04-08-2013 06:06 PM
    Aames
    I'm just checking back in to say that I am still shocked that you have managed to reach the age where you not only know how to type and use the internet, but are suffering from hair loss and you never knew you were supposed to clean under your foreskin. I know you are supposed to and I am circumcised. Do you really think you're supposed to walk around with goop, smegma, and whatever the hell else is present on your disgusting peasant penis? Just wow.

And no, Big, I am not mirin your foreskin, brah.
  • 04-08-2013 09:08 PM
    BigThinker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I honestly do not understand why this procedure is done on baby boys to begin with..

One or a combination of the following:
    -health reasons (totally and utterly unsubstantiated)
    -religious reasons (lol)
    -social stigma associated with being uncircumcised (Western culture)
  • 04-08-2013 09:13 PM
    Proper
    For some reason, the word smegma reminds me of some form of cheese.
  • 04-08-2013 09:50 PM
    25 going on 65
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    One or a combination of the following:
    -health reasons (totally and utterly unsubstantiated)
    -religious reasons (lol)
    -social stigma associated with being uncircumcised (Western culture)

It is actually a USA thing, not normal in western culture overall

You younger guys probably do not appreciate how fortunate you are. In the mid 80s when I was born, almost none of us got out of hospital in 1 piece. Would have been nice to have a say in the matter but oh well.
  • 04-09-2013 03:47 PM
    BigThinker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    It is actually a USA thing, not normal in western culture overall

You younger guys probably do not appreciate how fortunate you are. In the mid 80s when I was born, almost none of us got out of hospital in 1 piece. Would have been nice to have a say in the matter but oh well.

I agree fully.

When I was in my elementary years and early teens, I was incredibly self-conscious about being uncircumcised. I was always so afraid to even be with a girl, for shame of it. Hell, I even resented my parents for not having the procedure done to me.

In my early teens, when I got with a girl for the first time, all that was squashed when she apparently didn't notice or didn't give a shit. Still to this day, I've never had a girl say anything to me (not that I would care at this age anyways.)

But yeah, pretty messed up culture we live in here in the US where mutilation is considered the norm and "right" way.
  • 04-09-2013 04:29 PM
    mattj
    More comments, guys. This thread is funny.
  • 04-09-2013 08:27 PM
    Tracy C
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    But yeah, pretty messed up culture we live in here in the US where mutilation is considered the norm and "right" way.

There are cultures that mutilate the genitals of baby girls to prevent them from being able to enjoy having sex. Thank god I was not born into such a culture.

Genital mutilation without informed consent of the person being mutilated is a crime against humanity.
  • 04-10-2013 01:13 PM
    Exodus
    This thread is hilarious.
  • 04-10-2013 02:13 PM
    BigThinker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    This thread is hilarious.

Sorta. It is actually a relatively serious topic when you consider:
    1.) the normalizing of infant genitalia mutilation in a "first-world" country, and
    2.) OP is asking a genuine question regarding his health/hygiene, only to be ridiculed by seasoned members, including a hair transplant doctor's representative (how professional of you, Matt J.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    There are cultures that mutilate the genitals of baby girls to prevent them from being able to enjoy having sex. Thank god I was not born into such a culture.

Genital mutilation without informed consent of the person being mutilated is a crime against humanity.

Agreed. Those cultures (and their respective governing countries) are almost certainly frowned upon by everyone in Western civilization for female baby genitalia mutilation, yet we employ a similar (yet drastically less severe) practice in our culture on male babies. Extremely hypocritical, obviously.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth