Am I Balding?

Printable View

• 03-18-2018 10:50 PM
    Buckeyes15
    2 Attachment(s)
    Am I Balding?
    Hello all,

I’m a 20 y/o male who’s got one question: am I going bald? I personally believe I am, but when I look at older pictures of my hairline, it looks about the same as it does now.

The pic taken outside is from summer 2016. The indoor picture was taken today, March 18, 2018.

Attachment 56184Attachment 56185

Let me know what you think. Any and all relevant feedback is welcome. God bless!
  • 03-19-2018 09:26 AM
    Kyle Kneeland
    Your hairline looks pretty much identical. What makes you think you're balding?
  • 03-19-2018 11:00 AM
    Buckeyes15
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle Kneeland View Post
    Your hairline looks pretty much identical. What makes you think you're balding?

Hi Kyle, thanks for the reply. The reason I think I’m balding is due to the thinness of my hairline in general, especially over above the right side of my face. I don’t think I have ever seen anyone have a hairline that thin and not be balding, but I could very likely be wrong.
  • 03-19-2018 10:37 PM
    mkamph
    I think the thinning is an indication of what's to come. Although your hairline looks the same from 2 years ago, I've noticed that men thinning at the temples eventually experience more aggressive loss. "I don't think I have ever seen anyone have a hairline that thin and not be balding," indicates you are aware of what has likely already started. You still have a lot of hair. If it bothers you enough, get on Propecia. Acknowledging that there is loss is the first step toward stopping/slowing down MPB. Good luck.
  • 03-20-2018 11:03 AM
    Kyle Kneeland
    For now all you can do it wait it out. If you aren't actively receding there's not much you can do anyways, except check in every couple months. If you do start to see a change, that would be the time to consider starting Minoxidil and/or Finasteride. But who knows, it's possible you won't see a change until your 30s. There's no need to worry until you see something actively happening.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth