Minoxidil skin aging?

Printable View

• 08-10-2013 02:17 PM
    Borealis
    Minoxidil skin aging?
    Just a question for you guys, I'm not panicking or anything like that just curious.

I've started to notice some tiny wrinkles on my face and and whilst looking (probably a bit too much) that my eyes may be a little darker than they used to be.

Does Minoxidil really cause these issues? Do any of you have experience with them? Any suggestions on what the best skincare products are to combat them?

I'm thinking of using this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Smart-Dynami...gica+age+smart

Just for general skin appearance as well as any Minoxidil issues I may get.
  • 08-10-2013 02:34 PM
    john2399
    I think its a myth. People been using minox since the 80s with noone really mentioning these side effects till now. Plus women use minox and you know for dam sure they would notice any aging on their face since their obsessed with that stuff. I think at most it def causes dark circles tho.
  • 08-10-2013 05:53 PM
    greatjob!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    I think its a myth. People been using minox since the 80s with noone really mentioning these side effects till now. Plus women use minox and you know for dam sure they would notice any aging on their face since their obsessed with that stuff. I think at most it def causes dark circles tho.

It's not a myth minoxidil has been found to inhibit gene expression of the enzyme lysyl hydroxylase which is involved in the production of collagen, so it can increase wrinkles and skin aging
  • 08-10-2013 07:01 PM
    Dan26
    If your a little worried, no harm in starting to take some precautions.

Even if it isn't that bad, adding things like tretoinin (retin-a), emu oil, dermarolling, topical vitamin c etc are all great for skin care, safe, good in the long run etc

I just started minox and I plan to do some of the above just for skin care and incase over time minox effects collagen production retin a and dermaolling increases it
  • 08-10-2013 07:51 PM
    Notcoolanymore
    I have been using minox for 3 months now. The only side I have noticed is dandruff.
  • 08-10-2013 08:21 PM
    hellouser
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    If your a little worried, no harm in starting to take some precautions.

Even if it isn't that bad, adding things like tretoinin (retin-a), emu oil, dermarolling, topical vitamin c etc are all great for skin care, safe, good in the long run etc

I just started minox and I plan to do some of the above just for skin care and incase over time minox effects collagen production retin a and dermaolling increases it

Those are awesome suggestions.

Dermarolling on the scalp with minox should be in every guys regimen for hair loss. Also, dermarolling alone increases collagen which should get rid of those unwanted wrinkles.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth