My transplant story

Printable View

• 03-07-2012 02:42 PM
    justeone
    My transplant story
    Hey everyone,
    I've been around this website for a year plus and finally decided it was time to share my story and pictures. To start, I had a bad hair transplant done when I was 23 years old, I was uneducated at the time and rushed into one of the biggest mistakes of my life. Since then I have been researching and looking for a way to hide my pluggy hairline. I decided to email Spex , as everyone here probably knows of. He gave me the information I needed to make an informed decision on how to proceed with it . (thanks again Spex)

I had a few options, in the end I decided with Dr William Lindsey. I'm a week out from my procedure with him and I am feeling really positive about everything. He cut out the bad scarring on my head from the first job and stiched me up nicely with a 2 layer trichophytic closure . I will include pictures of my old scar, it was "Fugly". Dr Lindsey is quite amazing at what he does , his staff is well trained and also amazing . Just wanted to say thanks to Dr Lindsey and his staff for taking care of me.

He took some detailed photos and I wanted to share them with everyone on this site. Hopefully i'm posting all this in the right place so I can post the pictures.
  • 03-07-2012 02:44 PM
    justeone
    hmm I'm not exactly sure how to get my URL or photos on here, can anyone help me with that please?
  • 03-08-2012 08:13 AM
    Sinsea
    try "insert image" at the "message:" section.
  • 03-08-2012 08:18 AM
    Artista
    I look forward to your posts Justeone
    Your willingness to share your story is greatly appreciated my friend.
  • 03-09-2012 11:06 AM
    justeone
    I'm going to link my thread to Dr Lindsey . maybe there is a way for him to post my operative photos , he is probably more experienced on this site then I am !
    then I can update it month to month from there. Hoping to have them up in the next day or two.
    Thanks for reading my case, it's much appreciated.

J
  • 03-09-2012 12:09 PM
    Spex
    5 Attachment(s)
    Glad it all went well mate - You were in very good hands with Dr Lindsey.
    Heal and grow well and please keep us all updated.:cool:
  • 03-09-2012 04:49 PM
    justeone
    thanks!
    Thanks for adding those pictures Spex.

I think I forgot to add the amount of grafts placed.
    I had 1002 singles
    756 doubles/triples
  • 03-10-2012 01:21 AM
    Spex
    All good :cool:
  • 03-13-2012 06:15 AM
    Dr. Lindsey
    Thanks for posting. Now is the hard part....waiting for the hair to grow a bit, fall out and then the long wait for growth. But hang in there, and send pics monthly please.

Dr. L
  • 04-05-2012 12:38 AM
    kd
    Good luck. I just had my procedure yesterday. Woke up today with no pain which is a good sign, with no help from pain killers which is even better.

Hope everything stays on track

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth