Feedback for Dr. Charles

Printable View

• 06-06-2010 12:43 PM
    combover
    Feedback for Dr. Charles
    Hey Guys,

I just wanted to share my experience with Dr. Glenn Charles. I had a 2107 graft procedure completed June 1st of this year. I think I really did my homework before putting something as visible as my head into the hands of someone else and I feel confident in the decision I've made.

Dr. Charles and his people were very friendly and professional and although it's only been days since my procedure, I'm already happy with the fact that my linear donor site is undetectable and I haven't even had the stitches removed yet. I was concerned about this as I got a fairly short haircut a week before the procedure and my hair is fine. The barber used a guard 5 and the top was no longer than about 2 inches. I feel lucky that my grafts and red scalp can be covered with my bangs as wearing a hat to work isn't much of an option for me.

As far as hair loss, my receding temples and hairline were my main concern and the reason I had this done, otherwise I have good coverage and the reason for the low amount of grafts. I'm 36, so I hope medication will stabilize any additional hair loss and I'll avoid the need for additional grafts.

I think Dr. Charles needs more pics posted here, although I have seen many from a combination this and other sites. I'll be happy to post my results as I start to see growth.
  • 06-18-2010 11:19 AM
    Dr. Lindsey
    Congratulations, Dr. Charles does excellent work. Post your pics over the next year.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA
  • 07-25-2010 06:51 AM
    combover
    Checking in
    I'm just curious, is 8 weeks too early to start noticing growth? I routinely hear three months is the average time after HT that you would start to see some growth, but my recipient area now feels very similar to the way it did directly after my HT. The only difference is, these hairs feels much softer than the prickly hair in the recipient area directly after surgery.

I have been using Men's Rogaine foam once daily, I started 10 days after the HT as my surgeon recommnded. I believe the idea behind doing this was to increase growth rate, but I did this as I had heard that it may decrease shock loss. Although I've heard that doing this for either reasons is just a theory and neither is scientifically proven methods to increase frontal hair growth in a HT or decrease shock loss after a HT surgery.

Oh well, I ask this questin because I decided following my HT, I was going to take the steps to care for it but not be consumed by the process as full growth can take a year. As a result, whenever I notice change, I question myself because it haven't been obsessive about seeing it happen. I still have a life to live.
  • 08-01-2010 09:34 AM
    Winston
    It seems early, but I guess you never know, some people probably start growing right out of the box. Keep us posted!
  • 08-31-2010 03:59 PM
    combover
    3 month update
    I'm at month three post HT and I'm starting to see the transplanted hairs growing in. As I mentioned a couple of weeks earlier, the hair line on my left side came in quicker than on the right. I'm really not sure what to attribute that to as the transplanted hair on my right side hair line and temple region on both sides seem to be growing at a much slower pace.

Regardless, I am thrilled to finally see improvement. My hair line really seems to have begun to change for the better. By no means can I comb my hair back or spike it because the transplanted hairs are too fine and short at this point, but my native hairs seem to cling to the new HT hairline and makes it much easier to style. Before my HT, I could create the appearance of a better hairline through creative combing and product, but now the illusion looks much more natural b/c the native hair is clinging to the transplanted hairs.

Well, I have a long road ahead of me and some days I worry that the rest of my HT will never catch up with the left side hairline, but I'm keeping the faith. I realize these concerns are a natural part of the process and I'm fairly optimistic and relatively pleased with the progress I've already observed.
  • 09-14-2010 04:09 AM
    Spex
    You have done the hard work now and the growth with start over the next few months - just be patient.

You chose a great Doc in Dr Charles so you will be fine:cool:

Regards
    S
  • 09-15-2010 09:10 AM
    Winston
    Thanks for checking in with your progress. It’s nice to hear that you’re doing so well. I think everyone who goes through this has the same concerns, but from the sounds of things you’re right on track. Do you have any images you can post?
  • 09-15-2010 03:41 PM
    dgman21
    Is it worth getting a procedure if I have diffuse thinning and frontal thinning with the doctor only reccommending 600 grafts? Or is 600 grafts not enough to notice? Opinions will help especially from doctors or doctor reps. Thanks!
  • 09-20-2010 02:11 PM
    combover
    1 Attachment(s)
    I think I'm doing this right.
    There is an attachment w/ pic
  • 09-20-2010 02:38 PM
    combover
    1 Attachment(s)
    This is a before picture.
    About six months prior to my procedure.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons