Blaize here..hi all

Printable View

• 12-01-2008 09:06 PM
    blaize
    Blaize here..hi all
    Quick bio-
    Jan-1991- made mistake of getting a hair transplant -Chambers Hair Clinic-after seeing an ad in NY Daily News sports section. Very big circular classic plugs
    March- 1991- made second mistake.
    Btw 1991-1999- upgraded to Dr. True who continued to make promises and take my money. About 4 more procedures.
    1997- things start to show. My life goes on a 24 hr self conciousness campaign that begins to spiral downward.
    2002- after 9-11 ( i'm a firefighter); spring 2002 shave head completely. The hell with it attitude has arrived.
    2002-present- after numerous removal/correction procedures. Its still there. I'm at the point where I can move forward or remove all ( 2000) from my head.
    The hell with it attitude does not last. With 2-3 scars on the back of my head and old grafts showing after 2 days of not shaving, its a nightmare. Its ruined my life. The only good thing is that I have a nice head ( like Bruce Willis) am are luckily enough to be decent looking where it actually looks good on me. But the combination of the scars , bumpy ridgeline, scar tissue, and some doll head like hairs, give it away.
    Anyway, so much for the quick bio. You know whats the hardest thing besides the ribbing in the firehouse. I have to live like this the rest of my life, thru my kids growing up, and I'm also an union actor and no one will hire me. Thanks for reading, blaize
  • 12-01-2008 10:18 PM
    SpencerKobren
    Quote:

Originally Posted by blaize View Post
    Quick bio-
    Jan-1991- made mistake of getting a hair transplant -Chambers Hair Clinic-after seeing an ad in NY Daily News sports section. Very big circular classic plugs
    March- 1991- made second mistake.
    Btw 1991-1999- upgraded to Dr. True who continued to make promises and take my money. About 4 more procedures.
    1997- things start to show. My life goes on a 24 hr self conciousness campaign that begins to spiral downward.
    2002- after 9-11 ( i'm a firefighter); spring 2002 shave head completely. The hell with it attitude has arrived.
    2002-present- after numerous removal/correction procedures. Its still there. I'm at the point where I can move forward or remove all ( 2000) from my head.
    The hell with it attitude does not last. With 2-3 scars on the back of my head and old grafts showing after 2 days of not shaving, its a nightmare. Its ruined my life. The only good thing is that I have a nice head ( like Bruce Willis) am are luckily enough to be decent looking where it actually looks good on me. But the combination of the scars , bumpy ridgeline, scar tissue, and some doll head like hairs, give it away.
    Anyway, so much for the quick bio. You know whats the hardest thing besides the ribbing in the firehouse. I have to live like this the rest of my life, thru my kids growing up, and I'm also an union actor and no one will hire me. Thanks for reading, blaize

Hey Blaize,

Welcome to the forum! Unfortunately your story is not uncommon. When my first book was published back in 1998 there were only 11 hair transplant surgeons that I was able to recommend. The field has come a long way since then, but the truth is there is still a lot of bad work being performed out there.

I'm glad you found Dr, Bernstein and I truly hope things are better for you. I think you'll be a great asset to our new community.

We're here to help, so please don't hesitate to ask questions or simply vent if you need to.

All the best.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212