Replicel

Printable View

• 03-29-2012 06:40 PM
    Maradona
    Remember guys any increase/results in the temples is a good RESULT.

If there is a significant mount of growth in the temples, then we will have to wait less and less for the treatment to come out.
  • 03-29-2012 07:30 PM
    DepressedByHairLoss
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lpenergy View Post
    The intial trial was an "overdosing" trial. David Hall said that they injected millions of cells into the testing location on the temples to prove whether the treatment worked at all and if it was safe. If it doesn't work, it won't be because they did not inject a high enough number of cells!

I went back and re-listened to the first interview done by Spencer and I picked up something I missed the first time around. Back in September 2011, it was anticipated that during phase II, they would be dosing down in 3 increment levels down, to determine the number of cells that would need to be injected to provide an effective treatement, and possibly provide a range of hair regrowth dependent upon the number of cells injected.

Very interesting post; thanks for posting it. And good news too that they're "overdosing" in this trial. To me, this makes it seem like they're serious about releasing their hair growth treatment/cure sooner rather than later.
  • 03-29-2012 09:00 PM
    wherediditgo
    Does anybody think that replicel or any other company out right now has the ability to provide a CURE that would give back all your hair or is that still to come? I realize that the least everyone is hoping for is a treatment that is significantly better than anything we have right now.
  • 03-29-2012 11:30 PM
    lpenergy
    Replicel closes Private Placement
    So, Replicel just announces the closing of a private placement to provide working capital, which will provide an additional $1.3 Million for funding. The shares were priced at $1.50, with warrants at $2.50/share that can be used in the next 24 months.

Quick Thoughts:

1) Working capital needs imply the need for capital for future use.

2) Whomever the private placement purchaser was, this investor or group of investors seems believe that there is some value in the warrants at $2.50/share, which is a good thing.

3) The $1.50/share purchase price is obviously at a discount to market, so I am not sure what will happen to the share price tomorrow.

4) I remember reading somewhere that they were indending on additional funding prior to going to phase II, so there is not much of a surprise here.

http://www.marketwire.com/press-rele...cf-1638190.htm
  • 03-30-2012 04:41 AM
    NotBelievingIt
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lpenergy View Post
    So, Replicel just announces the closing of a private placement to provide working capital, which will provide an additional $1.3 Million for funding. The shares were priced at $1.50, with warrants at $2.50/share that can be used in the next 24 months.

Quick Thoughts:

1) Working capital needs imply the need for capital for future use.

2) Whomever the private placement purchaser was, this investor or group of investors seems believe that there is some value in the warrants at $2.50/share, which is a good thing.

3) The $1.50/share purchase price is obviously at a discount to market, so I am not sure what will happen to the share price tomorrow.

4) I remember reading somewhere that they were indending on additional funding prior to going to phase II, so there is not much of a surprise here.

http://www.marketwire.com/press-rele...cf-1638190.htm

Yesterday it already dropped abnormally high to the market even for being low volume, this was likely the dilution.

I agree too it is a good sign if the warrants were for $2.50/share that means they fully expect a higher stock price then that by the time the warrants are ended or available to be swapped.
  • 03-30-2012 07:53 AM
    Sogeking
    Quote:

Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    I agree. I'm not expecting to see anything that's going to blow my mind. I'm guessing it will be similar to the photos that aderans showed, if it works. They'll compare whatever they have to minox/fin and if it beats it, they'll take that protocol forward. If not, it's back to the drawing board and having to work out the kinks in the method... if that happens we can put them on the back burner for another 5-8yrs, such as was/is the case with Aderans. I really hope they get some whopping amounts of growth and we can start partying. It's been a long, difficult wait for anything to happen this field....I think everyone deserves some good news.

Yeah it is just hope. But I am really sceptical about this. I think they will get minimal growth. But thats just me... I also hope I am wrong.

Currently Aderans is the farthest in the clinical trials. They are expecting to finish phase II in one year's time. However I would love for Replicel to show some good results and instill some concern into Aderans.

It is not just us who deserve good news it is also the numerous people before us who had to endure hair loss. But we definetly need some good news. The lack of progress in this field is just unpleasant to awful.
  • 03-30-2012 10:02 AM
    jpm
    How would replicel work around the hairline? If you inject 10 times for example, along the hairline it will just be really patchy. I thought of you injected something into your scalp then in would spread out in a circle under the skin and the hairs would grow in a circle pattern. Not a problem on the top of your head because they will all overlap. But trying to create a straight hairline?
  • 03-30-2012 10:22 AM
    jpm
    1 Attachment(s)
    maybe my crappy paint diagram shows this better than i can explain lol
  • 03-30-2012 10:24 AM
    Gjm127
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jpm View Post
    How would replicel work around the hairline? If you inject 10 times for example, along the hairline it will just be really patchy. I thought of you injected something into your scalp then in would spread out in a circle under the skin and the hairs would grow in a circle pattern. Not a problem on the top of your head because they will all overlap. But trying to create a straight hairline?

All rights people correct me if I'm wrong!
    Replicel will regrow the LOST hair from MPB. If you get injected in the hairline region, the hair that was once on your hairline will regrow.
    That is because when you go bald, the hair that you shed doesn't disappear, it only shrinks so much that you can't see it, in most cases, the hair follicules become dormant underneath the scalp.
    Now Replicel is believed to reactivate those dormant follicules. This means, it restores your hair where it used to be. The number of injections and location is yet to be determined through the clinical trials.
    Example: if you were born bald, Replicel can't help you.

People, I am new to the forum but I've been following for a whole now... Please tell me if the above is correct!
  • 03-30-2012 11:09 AM
    ^ not true. Those injected cells can also create BRAND NEW FOLLICLES that may appear anywhere within that "injection circle"..

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM