• 08-13-2013 01:23 PM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Never let your career slip
    I am getting older, and as much as hairloss bothers me, I have come to realise one's career is SO IMPORTANT.

A good career, gives you:

a) respect
    b) status
    c) the ability to pay for treatments

and so on.

If you are young and balding, don't let the depression screw you up from hairloss. Rather use that anger and frustration to ball it in your career.
  • 08-13-2013 01:59 PM
    BigThinker
    Best advice I've read on here.
  • 08-13-2013 02:42 PM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Best advice I've read on here.

I guess at the end of the day, everyone wants to be respected and loved. The trouble with the hairloss sufferers whose whole life evolves around it; other areas of their life suffer (career) and they become an easy target.
  • 08-13-2013 06:36 PM
    BigThinker
    Looking back, I have no idea how I got through my Master's with this hair loss shit. I think the depression just came in wavy enough for me to get some enough done to scrape by. Just gotta stick with it, I guess.
  • 08-13-2013 06:56 PM
    ge77inhigh
    i agree that you got some good points. Also, do you your best to keep your health in check. MPB typical just hurts your looks and self esteem. A overweight or unhealthy body does a lot more than hair loss.
  • 08-14-2013 09:24 AM
    baldozer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    I am getting older, and as much as hairloss bothers me, I have come to realise one's career is SO IMPORTANT.

a) respect
    b) status

and so on.

If you are young and balding, don't let the depression screw you up from hairloss. Rather use that anger and frustration to ball it in your career.

I agree with you 100%.
  • 08-14-2013 11:10 AM
    adam k
    Well said OP, one of the best pieces of advice I have heard on these forums.
  • 08-14-2013 11:49 AM
    PayDay
    It's all about perspective and not letting hair loss destroy your life. This is what Spencer Kobren preaches on TBT and his message has changed my life. It got me off my ass to work hard and become successful and it is the best advice that any young hair loss sufferer can get. Too many guys are trying to find a "cure" on these forums when the real cure is just coming to terms with it and living a good, successful life. Building a strong career will help you overcome a lot of what life throws at us.

Great post yeahyeahyeah!
  • 08-14-2013 05:17 PM
    25 going on 65
    I definitely lost a lot of earning potential because I spent 1.5-2 years unemployed/out of school, too depressed about hair loss to do anything with myself. However I did use that time to load up on finasteride and keto shampoo....this reversed my diffuse thinning enough to feel like life was worth living again.

The f*cked up thing is, your appearance (which hair has a big effect on) can have so much to do with your success at work, even if your looks have nothing to do with your job. The world is a sick place
  • 08-14-2013 09:10 PM
    ThisGayLife
    Good luck if youre balding before college evens starts and you lose tons of potential in terms of your career.

Bald men get paid less and dont receive the same positions z fact
  • 08-14-2013 10:09 PM
    mmmcoffee
    Not true. Companies do not care what you look like, unless you're a model. If you deliver results, they couldn't give a shite. It's cuz people let baldness affect their confidence to the point where their work ethic and success suffer that they get paid less.

It's all up to the individual
  • 08-14-2013 10:57 PM
    ThisGayLife
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ThisGayLife View Post
    Good luck if youre balding before college evens starts and you lose tons of potential in terms of your career.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmmcoffee View Post
    Not true. Companies do not care what you look like, unless you're a model. If you deliver results, they couldn't give a shite. It's cuz people let baldness affect their confidence to the point where their work ethic and success suffer that they get paid less.

Avg. CEO height is 6'1.

All presidents are essentially 6'1 with great hair, at least in recent years.

Looks matter more than anything in this world. Companies would rather hire a guy with hair than a guy with no hair. To act like bald people are able to deliver better results is foolish, guys with hair can deliver the same results.

This world has too many people who are able and have hair to allow for equally able yet bald men to succeed. Sorry
  • 08-15-2013 07:28 AM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Avg. CEO height is 6'1.

All presidents are essentially 6'1 with great hair, at least in recent years.

Looks matter more than anything in this world. Companies would rather hire a guy with hair than a guy with no hair. To act like bald people are able to deliver better results is foolish, guys with hair can deliver the same results.

This world has too many people who are able and have hair to allow for equally able yet bald men to succeed. Sorry

Most CEOs are bald or balding.

Accenture CEO:

http://www.accenture.com/SiteCollect...e-Nanterme.jpg

Capgemini CEO:

http://i-cms.journaldunet.com/image_...ni-en-2009.jpg

Microsoft CEO:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...10_cropped.jpg

And if you actually go for interviews with some of these companies, the interviewer if male is probably balding if he is in his 40s.
  • 08-15-2013 12:24 PM
    Exodus
    Quote:

Most CEOs are bald or balding.

Accenture CEO:

http://www.accenture.com/SiteCollect...e-Nanterme.jpg

Capgemini CEO:

http://i-cms.journaldunet.com/image_...ni-en-2009.jpg

Microsoft CEO:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...10_cropped.jpg

And if you actually go for interviews with some of these companies, the interviewer if male is probably balding if he is in his 40s.

Hahahahahaha Oh Steve Ballmer. He is such a clown.

Also Jeff Bezos, head of Amazon!!
  • 08-15-2013 09:14 PM
    greatjob!
    Quote:

a) respect
    b) status

and so on.

Dude if I saw you on the street I wouldn't even think you ever lost a hair in your life. How possibly has hairloss negatively impacted your career or any other aspect of your life? You have an amazing head of hair.
  • 08-16-2013 03:38 AM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    Dude if I saw you on the street I wouldn't even think you ever lost a hair in your life. How possibly has hairloss negatively impacted your career or any other aspect of your life? You have an amazing head of hair.

I am receeding and I think that I have some frontal thinning. Hair at the front feels less dense than the crown area.

So it still affects me mentally because I don't know how it will progress.
  • 09-04-2013 05:24 AM
    swingline747
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    I definitely lost a lot of earning potential because I spent 1.5-2 years unemployed/out of school, too depressed about hair loss to do anything with myself. However I did use that time to load up on finasteride and keto shampoo....this reversed my diffuse thinning enough to feel like life was worth living again.

The f*cked up thing is, your appearance (which hair has a big effect on) can have so much to do with your success at work, even if your looks have nothing to do with your job. The world is a sick place

I worked full time, putting myself through school. I was called the Jamaican by my freinds because I would work full time + part time, then go to school full time and do side work. I have been on my own since I was young.
    Im in a great IT job now(not my dream and honestly dont feel the desire for it anymore, always wanted to be able to go into something medical).
    Anyway, as hard as I worked, as charming as I was and good as my resume was put together, you know what got me hired? My looks (at the time).
    I was told by my crew that right after the interview my would be boss basically said "damn hes a cutie, i like him, you guys good?", and shes a lesbian.
    MY brother gets all his jobs because hes a good looking guy still. Hes a complete blithering moron, has no schooling, no drive and zero charm. He is enamored for his looks, like I used to be.

I know Im extremly down lately, Im venting, hoping I will tucker myself out, hoping it will pass, but after having to stop my fin and realizing there is nothing else I can do Ive hit bottom.

Ive lost all personal choice. My looks where the one thing I was always happy with myself about and they are gone. My dimwit bro who did nothing but goof his entire life off gets his choice, and gets to live a genuinely exciting and promiscuous life.... but hey living vicariously through your younger brother is always fun too right........ right..... uck someone hit me with their car please.
  • 09-04-2013 05:33 AM
    swingline747
    also its hard to accomplish anything at work when you use your 8 hours trying to scour the internet for anything resembling a cure.

Wish I could do my actual work but seriously this consumes me, down to the point where I do slip at work. Right now I should be setting up user profiles and closing work tickets but instead Im on here trying to find alternatives to fin, figure out when histogen might be released, where a reputable decent HT surgeon might be and HOW I can afford it besides a 401K loan.

This is destroying me little by little each day. I go int the gym and constantly want to throw a weight at the walls being covered in mirrors. I see how the vast majority of other guys there actually have full heads. I see walls of mirrors showing my thin spots at all angles.

I then come to work and search the internet for some kind of hope.

You can say dont let your career slip but its not so easy. Its a full on downward spiral.
  • 09-04-2013 07:57 AM
    BigThinker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by swingline747 View Post

I know Im extremly down lately, Im venting, hoping I will tucker myself out, hoping it will pass, but after having to stop my fin and realizing there is nothing else I can do Ive hit bottom.

Ive lost all personal choice. My looks where the one thing I was always happy with myself about and they are gone. My dimwit bro who did nothing but goof his entire life off gets his choice, and gets to live a genuinely exciting and promiscuous life.... but hey living vicariously through your younger brother is always fun too right........ right..... uck someone hit me with their car please.

You've given up the choice to make personal choices. There's things you could do to better yourself.

Quote:

also its hard to accomplish anything at work when you use your 8 hours trying to scour the internet for anything resembling a cure.

Takes about 20 minutes of googling to know what treatments options there are. Might as well forget about it and get consumed by your life in a positive way.
  • 09-04-2013 08:35 AM
    swingline747
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    There's things you could do to better yourself.

Also I have tried new things and actively trying.
    I have been trying to get into day trading and stock options. I have tons of books and online subscriptions. But again I sit down to read or go online to research and then BAM, 10 seconds in Im looking up hair loss stuff.

Trust me Im trying but its tough.
  • 09-15-2013 07:03 PM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Also I have tried new things and actively trying.
    I have been trying to get into day trading and stock options. I have tons of books and online subscriptions. But again I sit down to read or go online to research and then BAM, 10 seconds in Im looking up hair loss stuff.

Trust me Im trying but its tough.

Easier said then done, but you might have to accept that you are losing hair. Only then you can be free as you will think about it less.
  • 09-15-2013 07:36 PM
    swingline747
    Quote:

Easier said then done, but you might have to accept that you are losing hair. Only then you can be free as you will think about it less.

Went to my second HT consult and really liked this center so far. Have another one this Thurs.
    I can accept yes or try to do something, anything. Its really ducky I don't respond to minox and still after like 3 or 4 months off fin still have sides, so this is really my last avenue.
    This doctor also sells a topical fin but I have to research it more. He said it shouldn't give me the sides but when I started mentioning the sides I experienced he was stumped and my consult turned into a turn and cough physical lol, no lie.
    7k is the round about in cost it seems.
  • 09-15-2013 08:19 PM
    DannyBoyy7
    Easier said then done indeed thankfully i had the "**** it" attitude in the end what stopped me worrying i was about 18 at the time...my hair wasnt the worst at this point my hair receded and my hair was thin at the front but i still had lots of hair and it still grew while these days it dont...it is hard but in the end you will come to terms with it unless there is a cure you have no choice but to it is pointless worrying over things you cant change no matter how bad it is.
  • 09-16-2013 04:37 AM
    swingline747
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyBoyy7 View Post
    Easier said then done indeed thankfully i had the "**** it" attitude in the end what stopped me worrying i was about 18 at the time...my hair wasnt the worst at this point my hair receded and my hair was thin at the front but i still had lots of hair and it still grew while these days it dont...it is hard but in the end you will come to terms with it unless there is a cure you have no choice but to it is pointless worrying over things you cant change no matter how bad it is.

as long as my damn brother is alive running around with a full head of hair it will always consume me. If he had my hair line it wouldnt bother me half as much.
    But until then I will fight it. I have no kids and no real dependents so spending the money on a HT is just me getting past being cheap.
  • 09-16-2013 05:44 AM
    clandestine
    Quote:

Went to my second HT consult and really liked this center so far. Have another one this Thurs.
    I can accept yes or try to do something, anything. Its really ducky I don't respond to minox and still after like 3 or 4 months off fin still have sides, so this is really my last avenue.
    This doctor also sells a topical fin but I have to research it more. He said it shouldn't give me the sides but when I started mentioning the sides I experienced he was stumped and my consult turned into a turn and cough physical lol, no lie.
    7k is the round about in cost it seems.

Why would you get an HT if you can't tolerate fin?

Wouldn't you prefer to be on an anti androgen?
  • 09-16-2013 08:23 AM
    35YrsAfter
    Quote:

as long as my damn brother is alive running around with a full head of hair it will always consume me. If he had my hair line it wouldnt bother me half as much.
    But until then I will fight it. I have no kids and no real dependents so spending the money on a HT is just me getting past being cheap.

My brother lost his hair 10 years after I did. His went fast. When I was in my 20s, I thought he escaped the hair loss gene.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
  • 09-16-2013 08:31 AM
    fred970
    Quote:

Originally Posted by clandestine View Post

Because he can't tolerate fin.
  • 09-28-2013 01:53 PM
    jpm
    Quote:

Obviously I can't speak for everyone. However, I work for a £1billion turnover company and about 70% of our directors and regional directors suffer some form of hairloss and about 40% are NW 5 or more.

4 of our regional directors are in their mid to late 30s and are slick bald!!

So from a personal perspective baldness does not hold your career back! If you go with the mentality that 'baldness is holding back my career' - then it's your attitude that is holding you back, not the amount of hair on your head!!!
  • 09-28-2013 02:01 PM
    UK_
    God the subject content of this forum is getting so repetitive.
  • 09-28-2013 03:22 PM
    jpm
    Quote:

Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    God the subject content of this forum is getting so repetitive.

Its what happens when there are so few new developments :(
  • 09-30-2013 05:32 AM
    swingline747
    Quote:

Originally Posted by clandestine View Post

I dont really understand your question? You answer your first question on your own. I am getting a HT because I cant "tolerate" fin. I have awful and dangerous sides.

Trust when I say it HELPED my hair. Its killing me that every morning and night when putting in minox my hands look like this image

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-IFVht-FWsy...927_062914.jpg

. And this image is a better morning than most. But you also have to add the amount on the shower floor as well.

Im still leaning towards the visit I made to MA for the consult. Thought the place was nice, the doc really professional and fair and hes part of the ISHRS.
    Saw Boden in CT since he was close but he was really pricey. Very nice guy, and also professional but pricey. I wont go into to much or say anything negative since each doc has their own terms. He would be a second place contender I guess. I would like to go on one more consult but I think I will end up in Attleborough for my procedure.
  • 09-30-2013 07:15 AM
    35YrsAfter
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jpm View Post
    Its what happens when there are so few new developments :(

Dr. Mwamba's surgical technician stopped by our office last Friday. I learned that she accompanied Dr. Mwamba during his visit to Dr. Nigam's office in India. Of course I picked her brain. She said Dr. Nigam's work appears promising. A lot of evaluation still remains. I asked her if Dr. Nigam was secretive about any aspect of the procedure and she told me that he was completely open. This research could open the door to drastically improved treatments for hair loss.

forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Phone 678-566-1011
  • 09-30-2013 09:16 AM
    swingline747
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    Dr. Mwamba's surgical technician stopped by our office last Friday. I learned that she accompanied Dr. Mwamba during his visit to Dr. Nigam's office in India. Of course I picked her brain. She said Dr. Nigam's work appears promising. A lot of evaluation still remains. I asked her if Dr. Nigam was secretive about any aspect of the procedure and she told me that he was completely open. This research could open the door to drastically improved treatments for hair loss.

Chuck

I googled him. Is it the stem cell research? The place I went to in MA offered stem cell therapy but it still seems new and almost PRP snake oily to me. They were honest though and right out said it wasn't a solo thing. It has to be in conjunction with a HT or solid FIN growth.

What exactly is he doing that new?
  • 10-19-2013 08:42 PM
    forhair1987
    I guess everyone at some point or the other will have to accept hair loss, but at the same time the effect of hair loss can be devastating.Hair loss definitely effected my life to a great extent , i think i would have had better grades if i wasn't depressed or worried about my hair.It is very easy to say that hair loss is a common thing and most men deal with it but you cannot generalize it with everyone.
    Nobody wants to be depressed or think about their hair all the time ,we all want to be happy and successful in life .But for some people hair loss might play a very important role .I was more active and i had more friends when i was confident about how my hair looked ,but as soon as my confidence went down because of my hair loss my social life was ruined and i had lost interest in lot of things.This is the most painful part for a hair loss sufferer ,cause it changes your lifestyle and makes you conscious about how you look all the time.

But i try to keep myself motivated by some way or the other and i try to hang in there by building confidence on how great i looked before.Sometimes you need to live in your memories to get through the present.And most of the times i get inspired from bald celebrities and sportsmen . It is a daily battle which might sound stupid for others but only you know how much pain and struggle it takes .
  • 10-19-2013 08:58 PM
    DepressedByHairLoss
    Quote:

I googled him. Is it the stem cell research? The place I went to in MA offered stem cell therapy but it still seems new and almost PRP snake oily to me. They were honest though and right out said it wasn't a solo thing. It has to be in conjunction with a HT or solid FIN growth.

What exactly is he doing that new?

You said you went to a place in MA for stem cell therapy. I actually contacted a place in MA that uses adipose stem cells to stimulate hair growth. However when they claim that patients had substantial hair regrowth but couldn't provide any photographic evidence due to some supposed confidentiality agreement with the patients, I became very skeptical.
  • 10-21-2013 03:09 AM
    Notcoolanymore
    I wonder if anybody didn't follow yeahyeahyeah's advice and actually let their career slip.
  • 10-21-2013 03:40 AM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    I wonder if anybody didn't follow yeahyeahyeah's advice and actually let their career slip.

I am not the best looking guy to be honest. Last weekend had a girl , very very hot asking me to see her early hours in the morning. Before that, she ignored one of my messages and vanished for a while.

It's because I have built my persona around my career - what I lack with looks, I make up with ambition, some fame, awards and basically an interesting life style. People buy from people, especially women. Their main commodity is their looks, what a lot of them strive to do is be social climbers.

Some may argue - you attract gold diggers, sure, but it is no different then if I girl dates you because you are good looking. Looks can fade.
  • 10-21-2013 09:10 AM
    BigThinker
    Quote:

I am not the best looking guy to be honest. Last weekend had a girl , very very hot asking me to see her early hours in the morning. Before that, she ignored one of my messages and vanished for a while.

It's because I have built my persona around my career - what I lack with looks, I make up with ambition, some fame, awards and basically an interesting life style. People buy from people, especially women. Their main commodity is their looks, what a lot of them strive to do is be social climbers.

Some may argue - you attract gold diggers, sure, but it is no different then if I girl dates you because you are good looking. Looks can fade.

Shen, is that you?
  • 10-21-2013 09:31 AM
    Artista
    Hi YeahYeahYeah -
    I really like your thread title and your message was perfect.
    Id like to add to this ..Guys young and older

NEVER LET YOUR LIFE SLIP
  • 10-22-2013 09:29 AM
    35YrsAfter
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mmmcoffee View Post

Security and a great lifestyle are high on a lot of women's lists.

forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Phone 678-566-1011

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Sun Exposure after Hair Transplant
02-26-2009 02:36 PM
Last Post By gisecit34
Yesterday 03:16 AM
Hair Loss - Who Do You Talk To? - The Bald Truth For May 10th, 2024
05-10-2024 01:28 PM
Last Post By JoeTillman
05-10-2024 01:28 PM
How do project management consulting firms manage?
10-12-2023 06:15 AM
Last Post By annastark
05-09-2024 09:19 PM
How we do hairline femininization with interview Dr. Lindsey
05-09-2024 07:33 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
05-09-2024 07:33 AM