Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jotronic
    • Nov 2008

**scam alert** matador hair transplant

This is a scam alert. Normally I make fun of clinics using photos that they have lifted from Hasson & Wong (seems to happen fairly often) but this one is a bit more serious.

Someone had emailed to ask us if we had any affiliation with Matador Hair Transplant clinic as they appear to be using several of our results as their own. In addition, they are using the logos of the American Hair Loss Association and several other affiliations when in fact they are not members of any association whatsoever. The photos of their doctors and staff are stock generic photos available for use by anyone and are not photos of actual staff members.

I won't put the link up but you are free to perform a Google or Bing search to find them yourself. Below is a screenshot of their homepage in which you can see the logos and our patients stolen shown at the bottom.

www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com
  • UK_
    • Feb 2011

You can tell from the state of their grammar.

Comment

• Jotronic
      • Nov 2008

Or because all of their photos are ours
      www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
        • May 2011

That's disgusting. Hope not too many people have taken the bait.

Comment

• PayDay
          • Nov 2008

Are people really that dumb? I mean there site is full of grammatical errors. I googled their address and it's an old apartment building over a liquor store. lol

Comment

• UK_
            • Feb 2011

And that has to be the most hilarious list of FAQ's I've ever seen.

Comment

• Folly
              • Nov 2011

At least they stuck to the age old formula. Clinic with integrity = 15 year old girl staring at fizzy pop

Comment

• CarlosMiller
                • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Jotronic
                Or because all of their photos are ours
                You definitely have grounds for a lawsuit

Comment

• Jotronic
                  • Nov 2008

We received a notice from the company hosting the website and they told us they gave Matador a 24 hour notice to remove the images and logos from their site. As of this morning it looks like Matador is completely offline. Maybe they are switching to a new provider or maybe they are gone for good. Time will tell.
                  www.HassonandWong.com

Comment

• JJacobs152
                    • May 2011

Jo, does H&W do any consultations on the east coast?

Comment

• Jotronic
                      • Nov 2008

As a matter of fact, we do! Our rep Mike Ferko will be in NYC on December 5,6,7 and 8. I'm about to make an official post with more information.
                      www.HassonandWong.com

Comment

• JJacobs152
                        • May 2011

Originally posted by Jotronic
                        As a matter of fact, we do! Our rep Mike Ferko will be in NYC on December 5,6,7 and 8. I'm about to make an official post with more information.
                        Hmm...I guess the price for a plane ticket to NY compared to Seattle isn't that much of a difference? May rather just come to Seattle instead...

Comment

• UK_
                          • Feb 2011

Dear God please give us a new [highly effective] therapy for hair loss.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                            • Sep 2010

An apartment over a liquor store? Are people actually going to this location and getting surgery there?!

Comment

• UK_
                              • Feb 2011

^^ be surprised what people will do for a few strands of hair.

...ie buying Neogenic.

Comment

Working...