Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gemmatthews1
    • Jun 2011

Hair Replacement Systems

I am interested in hair replacement systems as a non-surgical solution to hair loss, but there are so many different types that I'm not really sure where to start, can anyone advise? I am based in London
    Thanks
  • robcavil1
    • Aug 2011

I have had a very pleasant experience at Bloomsbury of London, where I had a non-surgical hair replacement procedure to fit a hair system.
    Would be happy to discuss.
    Kind regards
    Robert

Comment

• Ricardo
      • May 2011

I was on the phone today with the head guy for eMPower hair based in London, do either of you have any experience with this company, I have a free consultation booked for the middle of October, their systems look very impressive.

Comment

• Ricardo
        • May 2011

Rob, yeah could you fill me in on the options you were given, any pros and cons with their systems, and last but not least the price, cheers!

Comment

• gemmatthews1
          • Jun 2011

Ricardo, I was interested in eMPower for a while, until I saw quite negative reviews, as opposed to Bloomsbury of London, who I have just looked up upon Roberts mentioning.
          Have you heard of Bloomsbury?

Comment

• Ricardo
            • May 2011

I was on the phone with them the other day, the price is very steep for the lifespan of one system, plus there are no monthly repayment options, seems a bit unreasonable. Where did you see the bad reviews gematthews1?Have any of you heard of Richard Farrell hair systems, any info?cheers!

Comment

• Ricardo
              • May 2011

No, I had never heard of Bloomsbury, didn't have much to go on based on viewing their website, that's where you purchased your system?

Comment

• robcavil1
                • Aug 2011

I thought the price was quite steep too, however based on the longevity of the system I was swayed closer to Bloomsbury than other clinics.
                I also gave them a phone call after not getting too much information from their website. I was told that Bloomsbury of London also own a 'hair harvest' website, and various others, specifically aimed at males.
                Robert

Comment

• gemmatthews1
                  • Jun 2011

Their website isn't too informative, think I'll give them a ring tomorrow. Have you seen their website for wigs? www.onlinewigstore.co.uk - they do have an extensive range, which is pretty promising.

Comment

• Ricardo
                    • May 2011

Hey Robert,

Yeah recognized the "hair harvest" link aka London hair clinic.co.uk, approved by the trichologist society, sounds good to me. I tried emailing the trichologist admin to see what they say about other companies that recommend : hair-development.com which have similar credentials but again little info and photos on their website and they still have not replied to an email I sent them, I doubt they are too busy to reply...hmmmmmm. Let me know if you all find any promising discoveries

Comment

• robcavil1
                      • Aug 2011

Hi Ricardo.
                      Being 'retro' (or old fashioned, as my daughter calls it!), I rarely ever e-mail large companies, as I prefer to speak directly to people over the phone.
                      I called Bloomsbury of London regarding their services towards male clients, and was very impressed with what I was told.
                      Graham, the managing director, informed me that he has suffered from alopecia which is what lead him to establishing the clinic originally, as he has also been through the emotional vulnerability linked with hair loss.
                      I told him that I would think about where I wanted to go from here, and I will continue to see if I can find any cheaper alternatives, however in terms of quality, Bloomsbury of London does sound good!
                      Robert.

Comment

• Ricardo
                        • May 2011

Cheers Rob,

Finally got an email from the trichologist society, of which Graham is a member of for some years, their opinion of him was that they found him to be honest, professional, and offered a fair price for his systems, though they did say that LHC was not unique to the industry in terms of the above mentioned. In my opinion all of the above attributes are hard to find. Rob, did Graham quote you a rough price for his hair systems?, are you considering his company as an option?cheers

Comment

• robcavil1
                          • Aug 2011

Thanks for that Ricardo! It is good to know that Graham is recognised as honest and I am not being lead on!
                          Because I haven't visited the salon and shown the stylists and consultant first hand what they would be dealing with, it was difficult to achieve a quote. However, I am very interested in using Bloomsbury of London. What's your views having heard from the trichologist society?
                          Rob

Comment

• gemmatthews1
                            • Jun 2011

Robert, I think it all sounds very promising!

Comment

• Ricardo
                              • May 2011

Sorry for the delay, I'm optimistic but it's still not a done deal yet for me Rob. I will be on the phone with Graham and the trichologist society to get a better idea of the whole situation and possibly book a consultation if I like what I hear. I'm sure their relationship isn't a case of I scratch your back you scratch mine sort of deal but you never know!

Comment

Working...