Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChrisM
    • Jun 2012

Nizoral seems gone from the market at least temporarily

Apparently most distributors I have gone to across numerous pharmacies and supermarkets have stopped carrying Nizoral citing a manufacturer issue to be resolved by summer of 2013 ? Really ? Wow this is a blow to all of us using this as one of the big 3 to treat our MPB. Bad enough there is a gap where I have to wait for my refill of fin after ordering in nearly 10 days ago and it could come anywhere between 7 and 21 days max but this is now leaving me little option but Regenepure until Nizoral gets back on the wagon to be sold to most everyone.. but this is not the best news.
  • Pate
    • Sep 2011

I noticed that here too (in Australia). I noticed that the stuff on the shelves is gone in every pharmacy I looked at.

Eventually managed to find somewhere that had a little bottle of 2% so I'm using that. I was using 1% before but assuming production starts up I might stick with 2% now.

Thanks for the info. I figured it was a manufacturing issue but summer 2013 (I assume you're talking northern hemisphere summer) is a looooong time away. My little bottle won't last out six months...

Comment

• cleverusername
      • Nov 2011

Revita has keto in it, anyone tried it?

Comment

• JDuff
        • Dec 2012

There have been some J&J reps that have made some comments WRT to not having any motivation to reintroduce this product. I hope this isn't the case.

Comment

• JDuff
          • Dec 2012

I guess this raises the question of where websites like drugstore.com are receiving their supply from if J&J are not producing??

They're selling the 4oz bottles of 1% for $10. There are sellers on amazon an Ebay selling these same bottles for anywhere from (US) $20 - 160.00.

There is NO shortage, whatsoever, for 2% generic ketoconazle shampoo. This whole situation is rather illogical.

Comment

• ChrisM
            • Jun 2012

Yes to clarify you can still get the 2 % by prescription just not the 1 % that you were able to get over the counter.. sounds suspiciously like a move by the power that be to keep things a little more out of reach and a tad more expensive and perhaps something co-paid by insurance perhaps realizing that keto has the DHT inhibiting properties and it is not just a dandruff shampoo they have decided to cash in more on the product to limit the supply but keep the supply flowing but through one way only.

Comment

• Tracy C
              • Sep 2011

I do not subscribe to the conspiracy theories. The company that makes Nizoral A-D shut down one of their plants that makes it over a year ago due to the recession. Since shutting down that plant, this is the second time Nizoral A-D has outsold their ability to produce it. I would not be surprised if retailers are dropping it simply because the manufacturer cannot meet their delivery quota.

As a result of that first shortage, I got into the habit of stocking up on it whenever I found it on the shelf. So I have a reasonably good supply that should last for quite a while.

Comment

• Pate
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Tracy C
                I would not be surprised if retailers are dropping it simply because the manufacturer cannot meet their delivery quota.
                Yeah, that's what I think too. And that would also explain why some sites like drugstore.com still carry it - they simply buy bulk and have had enough stock to carry them through. At least for a while.

I hope they start to stock it again soon. I'll run out if it goes on much longer.

Comment

• inspects
                  • Aug 2012

Try Amazon.

Comment

• Tracy C
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by inspects
                    Try Amazon.
                    When Amazon sellers have it, they grossly over charge for it. One would be just as well off paying the high price for Regenepure rather than over paying for Nizoral A-D. Or they could just get a script for 2% Nizoral, which would probably cost less as well.

Comment

• JDuff
                      • Dec 2012

You can still order this from legit pharmacies, such as walgreens.com, but they place a limit of 1 or 2 units per order.

You cannot find this in any of the retail stores, and nobody in the stores (incl. the pharmacists) can (or will) tell you why. The retail ppl. will also *not* order this for you, and if you try to tap the pharmacy for this, they become suspicious and confrontational.

(They act like you're trying to scam Oxycontin, for free.)

Comment

• c5000
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by ChrisM
                        Apparently most distributors I have gone to across numerous pharmacies and supermarkets have stopped carrying Nizoral citing a manufacturer issue to be resolved by summer of 2013 ? Really ? Wow this is a blow to all of us using this as one of the big 3 to treat our MPB. Bad enough there is a gap where I have to wait for my refill of fin after ordering in nearly 10 days ago and it could come anywhere between 7 and 21 days max but this is now leaving me little option but Regenepure until Nizoral gets back on the wagon to be sold to most everyone.. but this is not the best news.
                        Hi there, I came across this post by chance. I've been using nizoral on and off to treat seboreic dermatitis, do you guys find that it helps with male pattern baldness?

I've recently had a stem cell transplant and would like to keep as much of my hair as possible... You mention the big 3? What are the big 3? Thanks for the info.

c5000

Comment

• Marshmalo
                          • Oct 2012

I'm in the uk and just brought a bottle last week, never had a supply issue here but maybe there's some lag and the issues will effect uk too, but them i suppose I am closer to EU where I assume they are produced.

Comment

• ChrisM
                            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by c5000
                            Hi there, I came across this post by chance. I've been using nizoral on and off to treat seboreic dermatitis, do you guys find that it helps with male pattern baldness?

I've recently had a stem cell transplant and would like to keep as much of my hair as possible... You mention the big 3? What are the big 3? Thanks for the info.

c5000
                            The big 3 are Nizoral for its Ketoconazole which acts as a topical DHT androgen blocker washing DHT from the follicels deposits in the scalp.
                            Then the second is Minoxidil as a vasilodilator and haor growth booster to the miniaturized veulls baby hairs shrunk down from DHT and 5A reductase enzymes type I and I contributing to male pattern baldness.. and lastly.. Propecia or Finasteride that works internally to combat and reduce DHT levels internally by attacking its development from the prostate which converts testosterone into DiHydrotestosterone AKA DHT the main culprit in regards to hair loss. The Big 3 as they are called when used together for a long period can have the effect of stopping outright and in some cases reversing male pattern hair loss. They definitely help you keep what you have and retain slowing further loss and advancing baldness... but again this is based on individual responsiveness to all three over a consistent and gradual time frame exceeding a year to two years in some cases before it is known as to whether you have significant gains.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                              • Sep 2010

If the 2% rx stuff starts running dry I will blow my top. I have used this stuff for 3 years

Comment

Working...