Has Anybody Used PGD2 Blockers for 4+ Months and KEPT Balding??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Conpecia
    • Sep 2011

Has Anybody Used PGD2 Blockers for 4+ Months and KEPT Balding??

PGD2 blockers (Indo/Chromo, Cetirizine, Ramotroban, etc.) might actually stop baldness in its tracks, but it seems like nobody stays on them long enough because if you're using a PGD2 blocker you're probably looking for regrowth, which it does not really provide, as far as I know. All I've heard from the forums is that PGD2 blockers have successfully stopped the shedding of the people who use them.

Has ANYBODY out there been using a PGD2 blocker for 4+ months, only to realize that your hair is still shedding badly?

We really need documentation on this; I think we may be overlooking a great alternative to propecia, dutasteride, and other DHT blockers that bring about serious side effects...
  • bigentries
    • Dec 2011

People are just not taking their experimentation seriously

Very few take pics, and quite frankly, I doubt the validity of the claims that "it stopped the shedding", shedding is an awfully difficult thing to document

Some have even claimed that their hair is "thicker" in as little as two week, that is impossible unless their hair grew several inches in that period, and months after they claimed that, they still can't present evidence

What we need is a controlled study, not armchair scientists claims. I agree that PGD2 seems promising, but people are not taking it seriously

Comment

• clandestine
      • Aug 2011

bigentries; Agree.

Comment

• Chromeo
        • Dec 2012

Been on Cet for 7 months or so, no shedding whatsoever.

So......no.

Comment

• Conpecia
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Chromeo
          Been on Cet for 7 months or so, no shedding whatsoever.

So......no.
          thanks chromeo. exactly what i'm getting at. i think this stuff stops hairloss but nobody is aggregating data. we should do it here.

everyone who's on a pgd2 blocker and reads this, please let us know if your shedding has stopped...

anyone with before and after photos over a longterm period (at least 6 months), here's the place to show them off...

Comment

• Conpecia
            • Sep 2011

I'm gonna bite the bullet and purchase either ramatroban or indo/chromo combo from iron dragon. In addition I'll be using rogaine foam 5 percent. I will document the results for the rest of 2013. Right now I'm still shedding regularly and experiencing no regrowth from rogaine foam. Hopefully the pgd2 blockers will stop inflammation and allow the minox to do its job better, but as long as the loss stops I'll be quite content with that...

Comment

• clandestine
              • Aug 2011

Remember to take pictures, Con.

Baseline, front, middle, back.

Comment

• KO1
                • Jan 2012

They say you need to take fin for a year before judging....same should apply to this stuff.

Maybe someone can mail Garza or Cotsarelis to check we're not chasing windmills. Not that they'd answer, but it's worth a shot.

Comment

• Conpecia
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by clandestine
                  Remember to take pictures, Con.

Baseline, front, middle, back.
                  I will, but honestly pictures get dismissed just as easily as statements. You guys know me, I've been honest about everything I've ever tried, so hopefully that will count for something in addition to the photos.

Comment

• clandestine
                    • Aug 2011

Photographic evidence, when taken under similar conditions (lighting, time of day, hair length, and angle) are infinitesimally more solid than a claim made by a member.

But yeah, as KO said, it'd be a year before we knew anything much. Such is the problem.

Comment

• thechamp
                      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Conpecia
                      I'm gonna bite the bullet and purchase either ramatroban or indo/chromo combo from iron dragon. In addition I'll be using rogaine foam 5 percent. I will document the results for the rest of 2013. Right now I'm still shedding regularly and experiencing no regrowth from rogaine foam. Hopefully the pgd2 blockers will stop inflammation and allow the minox to do its job better, but as long as the loss stops I'll be quite content with that...
                      Are these products safe??? Will you maintain existing hair has any one stopped hair loss with pgd2 blockers?

Comment

• clandestine
                        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by thechamp
                        Will you maintain existing hair has any one stopped hair loss with pgd2 blockers?
                        That is literally what he's asking.

Comment

• clandestine
                          • Aug 2011

And you're asking it back to him.

Comment

• bigentries
                            • Dec 2011

Isn't a year too much?

I know people point to propecia, but good responders see "something" in less than a year, I've never seen cases where a guy grew something worth documenting after a year

And with minox results are seen in less time

The fact that many are trying it while not documenting is frustrating, even cheap phones can take macro photos these days, there is no excuse to not document

Again, what we really need is good controlled study to know if PGD2 really work, at what rates, how much time it takes, etc. I hope Cotsarelis is testing something right now

Comment

• Conpecia
                              • Sep 2011

Guys, too many people have reported a cessation of hair loss for there not to be something very important going on with the pgd2 theory. And not one person is coming forward and saying "I took this stuff for several months and it didn't stop my hair loss." Obviously there are biases in the data: who's taking pgd2 blockers (people with advanced loss looking for regrowth), who's reading this post (probably only a handful of people on pgd2 blockers). But I have yet to hear ONE REPORT of someone who started indo/chromo., took it for even a few months, and then abandoned it because hairloss was still severe. The only people abandoning it are looking for growth and not finding it quick enough.

I have an iphone and have been experimenting with "before" pics, but they aren't coming out anywhere near well enough to provide fool proof documentation. Once they are acceptable, I will start a thread documenting my info/chromo/minox journey for at least 6 months, unless side effects or costs slow me down, or unless something obviously superior and proven is released. I may switch to Ramatroban because of the PGE2 theory, as Ramatroban essentially stops the bad stuff without stopping the good stuff, something indo/chromo cannot replicate. I am beyond excited about this, and I really wish there was more hype for this stuff. If it indeed stops my hairloss then I'm one hair transplant away from NW0 and the end of this terrible curse.

I encourage others to research and see if pgd2 blockers are something they'd be willing to add to their regimen.

Comment

Working...