Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kirby_
    • Jan 2012

It's a huge sham

I feel like the most gullible **** in the world right now. 11 months on fin I've gone from SLIGHTLY thinning Nw2 to VERY heavily thinning Nw2 very visibly balding and I'm shedding constantly. Treatment "results" must be a shared delusion placebo effect.
  • philippe
    • Oct 2011

for what it's worth i was in the same boat as you--on fin for 14 months and i was pretty much shedding that whole time--since getting off 5 months ago two things happen:my penis works again and my hair has stopped shedding. fin is not for everyone. it just isn't. that is not to say it does not work great for many (it seems to)--but not for ALL--just something to consider.

Comment

• StayThick
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by philippe
      for what it's worth i was in the same boat as you--on fin for 14 months and i was pretty much shedding that whole time--since getting off 5 months ago two things happen:my penis works again and my hair has stopped shedding. fin is not for everyone. it just isn't. that is not to say it does not work great for many (it seems to)--but not for ALL--just something to consider.
      Agree! I was on FIN for about 11 months myself. I noticed extreme weight gain, starting of gyno, brain fog, and weak erections. All this and the ironic part is that it didn't do a damn thing for my hair but turn it almost black. Thinning still continued while on it the entire time.

Long story short, I stopped at 11 months and prayed the side effects would disappear, as I regretted ever touching this poison. Sure enough 5 months later, the weight went down, morning woodies returned, gyno dimenished, and my slight stuttering problem on propecia went away as well.

More importantly, my hair looks better now then while in fin. Just wasn't for me. That drug is not worth all the additional headaches and sides for couple few strands. That's just me.

Comment

• Kirby_
        • Jan 2012

I've never had ANY sexual problems off fin, it just doesn't do shit for hair. I shed enormously after starting taking it, had no more shedding but the hair never returned, but come the end of September I've done nothing BUT shed aggressively. The only option I probably have now is dut, but I won't be able to get that legally for hairloss AFAIK.

Comment

• clandestine
          • Aug 2011

Please ride through the shed; it would be unfortunate to lose this hair permanently.

Remember, shedding is (apparently) an indication that medication is working.

Comment

• Kirby_
            • Jan 2012

^ I've heard that and it's the sole reason I have used fin for so long. I'm doubtful though. Everyone I talk to off-forums/offline about hairloss and fin always says stuff like, anti hairloss tablets? You gullible twat! etc and ridicules me. The most common thing I hear is, if tablets that stopped baldness really existed, why are there so many bald men about?

Comment

• gutted
              • Jan 2011

just count yourself lucky, you realised now than later.

Even if it did "work" for you, you would most likley be going through this kind of thinning (and maintenance if you had any) for the rest of your life (just take a look at the hairloss forums, they are blindly taking the drug and still experiencing random hair loss situations throuhout thier 2/5 years on it)....when you could be enjoying a decent head of hair while off it. The people who take it are fools, im not denying it can provide substantial regrowth (which is why it appears to grow/maintain hair) but theres a specific way to prolong this initial "regrowth period" with fin. Everyone can enjoy this "regrowth period" and i mean even those that didnt have results! But it has to be done via specific protocol.

There IS a subset of people that can, appear to maintain forever (which is rare btw), those who can, have something seriously wrong with thier body.

Comment

• BaldinLikeBaldwin
                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by gutted
                just count yourself lucky, you realised now than later.

Even if it did "work" for you, you would most likley be going through this kind of thinning (and maintenance if you had any) for the rest of your life (just take a look at the hairloss forums, they are blindly taking the drug and still experiencing random hair loss situations throuhout thier 2/5 years on it)....when you could be enjoying a decent head of hair while off it. The people who take it are fools, im not denying it can provide substantial regrowth (which is why it appears to grow/maintain hair) but theres a specific way to prolong this initial "regrowth period" with fin. Everyone can enjoy this "regrowth period" and i mean even those that didnt have results! But it has to be done via specific protocol.

There IS a subset of people that can, appear to maintain forever (which is rare btw), those who can, have something seriously wrong with thier body.
                glad we have professor gutted to set ut straight

Comment

• gutted
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by BaldinLikeBaldwin
                  glad we have professor gutted to set ut straight
                  lool

10char

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
                    • Feb 2011

Although finasteride has somewhat worked for me, I agree with Kirby when he says that if these drugs were so effective at preventing baldness, then how come there are so many bald/balding men around. I also experience the side effects as well; that's why even though I'm on fin now, I'm very hesitant to make a lifelong commitment to the drug. And I really can't stand it when so many people say or imply that if one had side effects with fin, then it must be psychosomatic.

And although I don't think finasteride is a sham, I will state that I believe that minoxidil is. I've yet to see minoxidil regrow any significant hair on anyone and I've heard plenty of stories where minoxidil caused people to shed hair that ultimately never came back. As I always say, most of today's treatments for hair loss are utter garbage.

Comment

• Kirby_
                      • Jan 2012

They're all shit. Better than nothing, literally (because they are barely better than nothing), but still utterly pathetic. That's why I've not touched minox, BTW: I'm not willing to risk shedding hair that may never return, and unlike fin I've personally known people who use minox and it didn't do a jot of regrowth for them.

However, I don't agree that being on either is "lifetime". 10-15 years at the very most and at least fin or minox will be obsolete. There's no way by 2027 that anyone with MPB will be using the Big 3 as we currently know it.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                        • May 2011

Originally posted by Kirby_
                        There's no way by 2027 that anyone with MPB will be using the Big 3 as we currently know it.
                        I happen to agree with this but tbf we just can't say that for sure. It's pushing 15 years since the last treatment was approved. The US department of defence have been working on a malaria vaccine for 50 years and haven't really gotten anywhere so you never know.

Comment

• Dan26
                          • Jul 2012

CB and Histogen should be the next things that are approved, by 2016 or later. I aint waitin that long though!

Comment

• BigThinker
                            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Follicle Death Row
                            I happen to agree with this but tbf we just can't say that for sure. It's pushing 15 years since the last treatment was approved. The US department of defence have been working on a malaria vaccine for 50 years and haven't really gotten anywhere so you never know.
                            50 years since they started or 50 years of actively pursuing a vaccine? I'm genuinely asking because that seems sketchy if it's the latter, and I'm too lazy to google.

Regardless, the lack of a cure does bother me.

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
                              • Feb 2011

Kirby, you really are correct. I get such a kick out of it when I hear minoxidil, finasteride, and nizoral shampoo as "The Big 3". Two of those products in my opinion do not do a damn thing for most people, and they're referred to as "The Big 3". Absolutely ridiculous. Like I said, I will concede that finasteride does work for some people, but there are plenty of users (like yourself) that it does not work for.

Follicular Death Row, I have to look into the malaria topic that you talk about. Except at least many people have been working for a long time towards a malaria vaccine. Yet when it comes to hair loss, practically nobody even researched human hair loss until very recently and even then, we only have a handful of companies in the entire world even looking for a cure.

Comment

Working...