Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monty3001
    • Jan 2016

Calling all slow growers

I'm not happy with my growth at nearly 7 months. I have side by side comparison photos and there has been minimal growth since month 5. Maybe 10 %. But over all I'd say I've currently got around 30% of my yield. In places as low as 10% yield. Zero cosmetic benefit.

Has anyone seen there hair transplant totally turn around between months 7-18 even after pauses in development?

Ta
  • Aventador
    • Sep 2015

Im in the same situation bro..just completed 7 months and still too thin results and i think i got only 20% yield growth.. Contacted the doctor and he told me wait for a couple months it will get better as im a slow grower !! I hope he's right

Comment

• WHTC Clinic
      IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
      • Oct 2013

Where are the areas on the scalp that were treated, and what location is generally showing the lowest yield? Lastly, have you received any feedback from your clinic?
      Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
      London, UK - Available (Sat.)
      Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
      Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
      Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
      customer.care@mywhtc.com
      Telephone
      +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
      +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
      les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux

Comment

• monty3001
        • Jan 2016

Originally posted by WHTC Clinic
        Where are the areas on the scalp that were treated, and what location is generally showing the lowest yield? Lastly, have you received any feedback from your clinic?
        Front and temples. Only a cm lower at the front and considerable temple filling. Clinic said it's too early of course.

I can see a lot of thin hairs that are too long to be velus under the microscope but they don't seem to be getting thicker. Have a little bit of pebble stoning too that you can see under angled bright light only.

Comment

• monty3001
          • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Aventador
          Im in the same situation bro..just completed 7 months and still too thin results and i think i got only 20% yield growth.. Contacted the doctor and he told me wait for a couple months it will get better as im a slow grower !! I hope he's right
          Yes it is massively stressful!

Comment

• YouOnlyLiveOnce
            • Feb 2016

All you can do is hope. There's a general timeline on how things should progress but there's no guarantee and I think a lot of times guys forget that. They see results of others and expect the same. 5-7 months is generally when you start to see movement, but the final results can take much longer.

Comment

• monty3001
              • Jan 2016

Originally posted by YouOnlyLiveOnce
              All you can do is hope. There's a general timeline on how things should progress but there's no guarantee and I think a lot of times guys forget that. They see results of others and expect the same. 5-7 months is generally when you start to see movement, but the final results can take much longer.
              7 months 1 week. Still looking thin. In some places very thin.

No real difference seen month by month.

There are fine hairs that are too long to be velus though but they don't seem to be moving. The thinnest area doesn't have many of these hair but the temples which are also thin but thicker by a lot have many of these fine unpigmented hairs in between terminal hairs..

Very very very frustrating and depressing.

Comment

• monty3001
                • Jan 2016

Ta for feedback.

Interesting about the growth periods. Hope I fall into the latter.

Yeah the not thinking about it thing is quite tricky ha ha

Ta

Comment

• GNX
                  • Dec 2012

why don't u post some pics so we can see

Comment

• monty3001
                    • Jan 2016

Originally posted by GNX
                    why don't u post some pics so we can see
                    Cos pics always make it look much worse or much better than it really is.

I know my yield is shit anyway. I don't need confirmation of that. Just looking for input from people on various stages of growth.

I've seen no improvement since 5 months. perhaps 10% improvement. Some part of the transplanted zone literally look like there area few pubes growing and thats it.

It's interesting what the doctor above wrote. I just find it hard to believe that all of a sudden I'm going to have the explosive growth needed to make this anything more than a waste of time, money and grafts. Grafts I have particularly limited supply of.

If I don't get decent coverage from this it'll be the single biggest mistake of my life.

Comment

• GNX
                      • Dec 2012

ummm no pics tell it like it is. if ur too afraid to face reality then jus say so. but if ur only 10% at 5 months id say that doesnt look very good.

did u go to a well known doctor or did u jus pic the one that was cheapest? usually ppl making the claim of the biggest mistake in their life opted for a doctor that isnt recommended by many if anyone but is within ones price range so they roll the dice.....

so who was ur doctor? but, even if its a well known doctor there is still the "X" factor that some have and just arent good candidates for a HT no matter who perform it but in most cases its poor doctor skill which results in poor results.

Originally posted by monty3001
                      Cos pics always make it look much worse or much better than it really is.

I know my yield is shit anyway. I don't need confirmation of that. Just looking for input from people on various stages of growth.

I've seen no improvement since 5 months. perhaps 10% improvement. Some part of the transplanted zone literally look like there area few pubes growing and thats it.

It's interesting what the doctor above wrote. I just find it hard to believe that all of a sudden I'm going to have the explosive growth needed to make this anything more than a waste of time, money and grafts. Grafts I have particularly limited supply of.

If I don't get decent coverage from this it'll be the single biggest mistake of my life.

Comment

• monty3001
                        • Jan 2016

deep breath......

Firstly,, no I wont be naming my doctor and removing any leverage I may have of a reimbursement for "potentially" but "probably" screwing my hair transplant up.

Secondly, I wont be taking pics neither. I have pics but frankly I can't be bothered to resize them for this site, nor do I care for feedback on them.

Thirdly, I went to a well known doctor

And finally. I'm 7 1/2 months and 10% is not accurate to be fair. 15% in an area, 30% in another and 50% in another is more accurate.

The thinnest areas I have are areas in which I have considerable pebble stoning. Where as the area with 50% growth has no pebble stoning.

Another issue I have is the number of follicle units containing more than one hair at the edge of the hair line.

I'm quite pissed off. I think ultimately the clinic have been trying to increase turnover and lost their finesse in the process.

Comment

• YouOnlyLiveOnce
                          • Feb 2016

Ah, so I get it... You want us, the forum users to offer you some sort of comfort/reassurance/hope/advice etc, but selfishly you'd rather withhold the Doc's info to help yourself even more, rather than helping the community who you expect to help you? Got it. . .

The reality, without pics nobody can give you solid advice. Perhaps your expectations were too high? A transplant is meant to give the illusion of density, not original density.

I looked at your post history and you were making post at 5.5, 6, and now 7 months with the same question. People ( including a doc on the previous page) have been telling saying the same thing the whole time.

IT'S TOO EARLY, YOU WILL NOT SEE THE FINAL RESULT UNTIL AT LEAST A YEAR AND UP TO 18 MONTHS

Comment

• GNX
                            • Dec 2012

I always find it comical wen a patient gets a HT and isnt satisfied with his/her results and then somehow feels this loyalty to the Doctor that in their mind "Screwed" them over and are "quite pissed" about. that really jus makes me LOL.... reminds me of the stockholm syndrome smh

so wat is a "well known doctor" exactly? without pics dude ur wasting everyones time..... and btw PICS dont make it look better or worse, they make it look like the truth which you are apparently not coming to terms with.

u jus dont want to post em cause ur embarassed. not cause u think they will make the surgery look better! everyone here obviously has issues with hair and most are seeking or have had a HT so I really dont see the need to be embarassed about anything.

Comment

• Spex
                              Dr Representative
                              • Nov 2008

Hey - Try not worry too much as still early days. Growth times do vary.
                              I hope this helps!

Regards
                              Spex
                              Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

Working...