Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • luccca186
    • Dec 2013

Wife's not happy with my hair

My wife thinks I should start doing something about my receding hairline. She also thinks my cowlick is turning into a bald spot. Is she correct? I think I should start to do something now before it’s too late. Also it will make the wife happy. Other than Rogaine and Propecia, can you guys recommend other options? I am a little on the fence with finasteride due to its side effect. But it seemed to be the best option other than hair transplant. What are your thoughts guys? Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	464130

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	464131
  • BigThinker
    • Oct 2012

Get on treatment for your own happiness. You're a grown ass man, dude. These treatments are proven. Just pull the trigger if you want to do something about it.

Btw, your wife sounds like a stupid bitch to judge you and stress you out about your natural body maturation. I'd tell her that you're concerned with her sagging tits, wrinkling skin, greying hair, and widening waistline.

If you don't care about going bald, shave your head to spite that succubus.

Comment

• luccca186
      • Dec 2013

Thanks, man. I know my hair is not the same as it was in my 20s. Definitely thinner now. I just haven't really thought about doing anything. I do want to make my wife happy. I think I will start with minoxidil as it's the most commonly used and let's see. I need to do more research on other options especially finasteride. What's your regimen? Have you used finasteride?

Oh and my wife is hot. Still hot.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
        • Jun 2013

Guess your hot wife doesn't want to be with a bald guy. If treatments don't work, then what?... You will lose the hottie and have to remarry a fattie. Just joking.

I will keep it simple 3 things that work: Fin, Dut, and minoxidil. Good thing to start on minoxidil. It is cheap and works. To what degree? Use and find out. Most likely you will want to maximize your results and will end up on finasteride anyway. Oh and pick up a bottle of Nizoral and use a couple of time a week.

Comment

• Clark Kent
          • Nov 2013

minox will do little to nothing. Fin is something that you will actually see results in. keep in mind it will take up to a year to see anything somewhat substantial. I guess its good that your wife is being upfront with you but i hope she isnt coming across bitchy and implying you need to do something or else.. Im 21 and my gf doesnt care that much. I am almost 3 weeks post op now though..

Comment

• baldybald
            • Jul 2012

start with FIN...

Comment

• Dan26
              • Jul 2012

How old are you and your wife?

Comment

• greatjob!
                • Aug 2011

Screw your wife. End of story.

Making your wife happy is overrated if she isn't also making you happy, and judging by this thread, she's not. My advice get on fin asap, because your hair is not bad, maintain what you have and when you're wife becomes old and busted like every woman does, get a transplant and leave her ass for a hot younger chick. She is obviously shallow and superficial so when her looks inevitable fade you should be shallow and superficial...

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                  • Jun 2013

HAHAHA! Damn, people are nailing your wife hard, and she probably wasn't even being rude about it. If she was trying to be rude then yeah she deserves it. If not though, then you should be grateful. Not to be shit on, but just to be given a heads up. This is going to sound dumb, but I didn't realize my hair was in such a crappy state until I saw myself on video. I had been buzzing my head for so long, I just never noticed. I kind of wish someone would have pulled me aside and given me a heads up.

Comment

• clandestine
                    • Aug 2011

Hot or not, your wife sounds like a right ****.

Comment

• BigThinker
                      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
                      HAHAHA! Damn, people are nailing your wife hard, and she probably wasn't even being rude about it. If she was trying to be rude then yeah she deserves it. If not though, then you should be grateful. Not to be shit on, but just to be given a heads up. This is going to sound dumb, but I didn't realize my hair was in such a crappy state until I saw myself on video. I had been buzzing my head for so long, I just never noticed. I kind of wish someone would have pulled me aside and given me a heads up.
                      You ever told a chick you weren't happy with a part of their appearance???

I told my most recent fling I didn't care for her outfit and she about threw my ass out. Imagine if I had said she should work on her body or something.

Comment

• Morbo
                        • Jan 2012

BigThinker is a bit direct and hyperbolic in his posts, but I wholeheartedly agree.

You're both grown ups and you can't help what's going on on the top of your head. If she's your wife, she should be mature and respectful enough to understand. (I assume) you're not giving her a hard time about cellulitis, wrinkles or gaining weight either?

There are treatments. Read up on them, their results, efficiency and possible (side) effects. But whatever you do, make the decision for yourself not because your wife somehow demands you to.

Comment

• Buster
                          • Jul 2012

Unfortunately I think people who haven't experienced MPB think that all you need to do is buy some meds, and it will reverse. This could be because the commercials for Propecia and Rogaine make it sound so easy. I've had a lot of friends who were girls talk about their boyfriends losing their hair like as if it was the same thing as gaining weight. I think they honestly believe if a guy wasn't lazy and did something about it, he'd prevent hair loss.

Comment

• fred970
                            • Nov 2009

+1 Buster, that's ridiculous. It makes me think about what Justin Bieber said about Prince William: "Why does he let himself go like that, there are treatments nowadays".

Comment

• redy
                              • Jun 2013

Well, part of balding is actually letting yourself go... If you're walking around with a donut of hair, or stringy thinning everywhere then you obviously don't care about your hair.

Prince William really should buzz his head or something, he looks ridiculous. But that's just my opinion. Bieber is a dick though.

It doesn't matter whether or not you tried to do anything about it, because we all obviously know that sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, etc.

Comment

Working...