• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • silver
    • Sep 2012

minoxidil 5% with azelaic acid

Hi, just found this forum.

i had a lot of success with Dr. Lees night and day formula

the minoxidil 5% with azelaic acid really worked for me... now i use minoxidil from costco, the kirkland brand it seems to be just water.

does anyone know a good source to buy minoxidil 5% with azelaic acid that would be the same product as Dr. Lee's?

thanks
  • StuckInARut
    • Aug 2012

This is this product here.

Comment

• silver
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by StuckInARut

thanks...

Any other reputable products with just minoxidil 5% with azelaic acid
      no other ingredients?

Comment

• dex89
        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by StuckInARut
        I heard that product was no bueno. Someone posted onto this forum that it gave him massive sheds to the point where his scalp is visible. I will stick with rogaine foam or minoxidil 5%. good luck.

Comment

• silver
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by dex89
          I heard that product was no bueno. Someone posted onto this forum that it gave him massive sheds to the point where his scalp is visible. I will stick with rogaine foam or minoxidil 5%. good luck.

well i'm not interested in that product anyway..

i've been on the kirkland minoxidil for a long while and it's not really doing anything. I got lots of temple regrowth with dr. lee's night and day

I can't be the only one...

any help?

Comment

• Tracy C
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by silver
            does anyone know a good source to buy minoxidil 5% with azelaic acid...
            There are no legitimate sources because it is not legal to sell such a blend without a prescription. If you want to use a product similar to that, it would be best to consult your doctor for a script then have a compounding pharmacy make it for you.

Comment

• Xandroxuser
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Tracy C
              There are no legitimate sources because it is not legal to sell such a blend without a prescription. If you want to use a product similar to that, it would be best to consult your doctor for a script then have a compounding pharmacy make it for you.
              Where is the evidence for this? When the FDA closed down Richard Lee, all we know is that a list was produced stopping him from selling all his products - including shampoos. Similarly, from all the apparent 'evidence', when others were shut down (or voluntarily shut down), it was when they were selling 15% minox. Where is the evidence for your claim that a 5% minox with azeliac acid contravenes FDA regulations, or any other regulations?

Comment

• silver
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Xandroxuser
                Where is the evidence for this? When the FDA closed down Richard Lee, all we know is that a list was produced stopping him from selling all his products - including shampoos. Similarly, from all the apparent 'evidence', when others were shut down (or voluntarily shut down), it was when they were selling 15% minox. Where is the evidence for your claim that a 5% minox with azeliac acid contravenes FDA regulations, or any other regulations?

I just want to know how to get the same product again.

If it's possible to make it myself or to know what dr. lee put in the formula...

I'm just getting desperate....

Comment

• Tracy C
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Xandroxuser
                  Where is the evidence for this?
                  Stop this nonsense denial. It got old a long time ago. It's no mystery. The fact that no one is allowed to sell the stuff any more should have been your first clue - and basically the only clue you really need. You can get the documents you think you need from the FDA's website.

I just want to know how to get the same product again.
                  You need to talk to your doctor. Start there. That is your best chance of establishing a legitimate and reliable source. You will never find a reliable source through the shady online providers in the grey market. If you do find a source, you can bet they will get shut down like everybody else who was doing it.

Comment

• thatkidd
                    • Aug 2012

So you're saying Lipogaine does not have 5% Minox with Azelic Acid?...They're just lying?

I use it at night and Rogaine foam in the morning...about 5 weeks in and have seen some decent shedding...nothing that has changed my overall hair appearance much though. I believe it is just enough shed to let me know it is working.

Comment

• Xandroxuser
                      • Dec 2011

FDA site: In the voluntary recall by Perfect solutions, this is what was said in regard to azeliac acid:

'Azelaic acid contained in the topical products could make the skin where it is applied more sensitive to sunburn.'

This is what was said in regards to Ketoconazole [in Nizoral]

'Ketoconazole contained in the shampoo product could cause hair discoloration and abnormal hair texture, removal of the curl from permanently waved hair, itching, rash, skin irritation and dry skin . . .

. . . and Hair regrowth shampoo enhanced with Ketoconazole and salicylic acid, 180mL, to the consumer level. The products are deemed “unapproved new drugs” under the law and U.S. Food and Drug Administration regulations and may present potential health hazards.'

My question to Tracey. On this basis why are you not against Nizoral?

Comment

• silver
                        • Sep 2012

the thing that makes me ripen mad is i'm not worried about sunburn

i can always use a hat or sunscreen... let me take care of myself and let the products be out there that can help us

bunch of jackasses

Comment

• silver
                          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Tracy C

thats great in theory but i'm not in a place that I can do that... for a few reasons.

I can't be the only one who had some success with minox 5% / azelaic acid

is there no reliable source out there????

Comment

• Tracy C
                            • Sep 2011

is there no reliable source out there????
                            If any company tries to sell such a blend in the US, they will likely be shut down eventually. Then you will need to find another source again, and then again when that source gets shut down. This will continue over and over. So no, you will never find a reliable source on your own.

These shady suppliers are getting shut down because they are including meds in the blends that require a prescription from a doctor. Dr. Lee tried working around that requirement and he got caught. Others will get caught too. Lipogaine might be available now, but it is only a matter of time before they get caught and shut down too.

It is usually worth while to do things the right way. Work with your doctor.

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
                              • Apr 2011

Dude, whatever you buy just don't buy a brand called "Dualgen 15%" (on ebay). That's all I can tell you or you're going to regret it.

Now, I'm not sure why you say Kirkland brand is just water. Kirkland has been around for many many years and it's a trusted brand and I have been using it for as many years. Sometimes I use Rogaine too.

Comment

Working...