X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deel
    • Aug 2012

Help - Advice needed :(

Hi Guys,

I am 22 and noticed my crown begin to thin quite dramatically over the past year ( i have been going through a lot of stress). I have attached some pictures and would love to know the best course of treatment for getting my crown back and maybe stop my hair line from receding further!

Thanks
    Attached Files
  • Dazza
    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by deel
    Hi Guys,

I am 22 and noticed my crown begin to thin quite dramatically over the past year ( i have been going through a lot of stress). I have attached some pictures and would love to know the best course of treatment for getting my crown back and maybe stop my hair line from receding further!

Thanks
    First of all go see your GP. Talk to them about your issue and get some tests done. confirm what's happening on your scalp and When you get your results you and your doctor can then talk about treatment/s.

Comment

• deel
      • Aug 2012

What sort of tests? Is this MPB or just stress related hair loss?

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
        • Apr 2011

Is your father bald ? Are your uncles (mother's side) bald? If yes, then no testing needed. Stress induced hair loss doesnt look like what you have. We all like to kind of LIE to ourselves and tell ourselves it's all because of stress, but NOPE. Stress doesn't cause baldness in those who didn't inheret this great gift from their parents. Stress can make you shed hair but not permanently and it won't look like the typical horse shoe shape (MPB).

Don't waste any more time. You're a very good candidate for Minoxidil/Fin. Your chances of responding positively are good. Try to stop this curse before it gets worse (and get worse it WILL). Start with Minox (5%) first and see what happens, then you can think about Fin. BTW, don't WASTE your money on other stuff.

But again, was your dad bald? Uncles..? If yes, then start worrying.

Comment

• deel
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by VictimOfDHT
          Is your father bald ? Are your uncles (mother's side) bald? If yes, then no testing needed. Stress induced hair loss doesnt look like what you have. We all like to kind of LIE to ourselves and tell ourselves it's all because of stress, but NOPE. Stress doesn't cause baldness in those who didn't inheret this great gift from their parents. Stress can make you shed hair but not permanently and it won't look like the typical horse shoe shape (MPB).

Don't waste any more time. You're a very good candidate for Minoxidil/Fin. Your chances of responding positively are good. Try to stop this curse before it gets worse (and get worse it WILL). Start with Minox (5%) first and see what happens, then you can think about Fin. BTW, don't WASTE your money on other stuff.

But again, was your dad bald? Uncles..? If yes, then start worrying.
          My dad is in his 60s and he is not bald and still has a decent amount of hair and my uncle isnt bald either.. so Im not sure where to start, I use Regenepure DR shampoo atm which has 1% Kiz in it but just ordered 2% Nizoral shampoo.

I know that won't do much for my MPB but it will help right?

As far as the other treatments go, which is better for regrowth, RU or 5% Minox or fin spray?

I am just really worried as I am still quite young that I will have to continue these treatments for the rest of my life..

Comment

• ravegrover
            • Jan 2011

You have caught hairloss at an early stage. Combination of drugs, known as Big 3, may stop your hair-loss and, perhaps, even reverse it. Drugs - Finasteride, Minoxidil 5% and Nizoral shampoo.

Do more research here on forums and go see a doctor. Good luck!

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by deel
              My dad is in his 60s and he is not bald and still has a decent amount of hair and my uncle isnt bald either.. so Im not sure where to start, I use Regenepure DR shampoo atm which has 1% Kiz in it but just ordered 2% Nizoral shampoo.

I know that won't do much for my MPB but it will help right?

As far as the other treatments go, which is better for regrowth, RU or 5% Minox or fin spray?

I am just really worried as I am still quite young that I will have to continue these treatments for the rest of my life..
              Sometimes baldness doesn't show up until the third generation.
              Anyway, there's a lot of talk about this RU stuff but I don't bother with it. To me, it's most likely just another scam. Every year or so someone comes up with a new scam (a product that supposedly grows hair) to bilk people out of their money then they disappear...along with their product never to be heard of again. Last year we had that shit with an X in it (I forgot the name) and there was all this hype about it and a lot of people lost a few 100's on that garbage. Before that we had this huge hype about lasers and people were buying those lasers left and right. Then there was this craze about Miconazole nitrate or even yeast infection creams. It will never end as people are desperate to try anything (and others are desperate to make money off the desperate).

So, if I were you I'd just forget about this RU crap at least for now AND USE THE STUFF THAT'S BEEN TRIED AND TESTED - Finasteride, minoxidil (and Nizoral if you want). I've never heard of a Fin spray. I'd say that's BS too (from the sound of it). Just get a prescription for Proscar (if it's available where you are).

Comment

• deel
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by VictimOfDHT
                Sometimes baldness doesn't show up until the third generation.
                Anyway, there's a lot of talk about this RU stuff but I don't bother with it. To me, it's most likely just another scam. Every year or so someone comes up with a new scam (a product that supposedly grows hair) to bilk people out of their money then they disappear...along with their product never to be heard of again. Last year we had that shit with an X in it (I forgot the name) and there was all this hype about it and a lot of people lost a few 100's on that garbage. Before that we had this huge hype about lasers and people were buying those lasers left and right. Then there was this craze about Miconazole nitrate or even yeast infection creams. It will never end as people are desperate to try anything (and others are desperate to make money off the desperate).

So, if I were you I'd just forget about this RU crap at least for now AND USE THE STUFF THAT'S BEEN TRIED AND TESTED - Finasteride, minoxidil (and Nizoral if you want). I've never heard of a Fin spray. I'd say that's BS too (from the sound of it). Just get a prescription for Proscar (if it's available where you are).

Thanks for the help mate, I'm from the UK, could you PM me a good source to buy Proscar? I would be very grateful if you could also recommend a source for minox as there are a lot of brands out there and I am a student so can't afford to spend too much!

Comment

• deel
                  • Aug 2012

bump - Does anyone know of any good sources of Minox and Proscar if I am in the UK?

Comment

• StuckInARut
                    • Aug 2012

Any store/pharmacy has generic brand Minoxidil or try eBay. Proscar you can get a prescription from your doctor or buy from an online pharmacy but quality may be questionable.

Comment

• Artista
                      • Apr 2010

Deel ,our friends here are correct. Either product-Minoxidil or Finasteride will HELP YOU considerably because of your age and that you would jump on it now with either of the two mentioned.
                      Just keep in mind Deel, that you are so young and there WILL BE great treatments in the future that will do away with balding . NO WORRIES..you will be A-OK

Comment

• deel
                        • Aug 2012

which one will be better for me, fin or minox?

I am using nizoral already, so could I potentially use nizoral to help keep the hair I have and use minox for regrowth?

Is fin any good for regrowth?

Comment

• deel
                          • Aug 2012

BUMP

Someone please help!

Comment

• StuckInARut
                            • Aug 2012

We've been trying to help are you reading the responses? Go see a doctor preferably one that deals with hair loss. Consider your options, weigh the pros and cons and decide if you want to begin Finasteride treatments or not.

Nizoral is good to use for clearing sebum and DHT from your scalp and possible regrowth. Fin will help slow or halt your hair loss but Minoxidil won't as it's used specifically for the purpose of regrowing hair. Fin may help you regrow hair as well. These three products are usually used in tandem for better results.

Comment

• dex89
                              • Jul 2012

Yes, get on the big 3

Nizoral 1%- twice a week

Rogaine- am/pm

Propecia/Proscar- once a day.

check out these links

The most popular bodybuilding message boards!

Before & after photo results of patients who use Propecia and/or Rogaine to treat hair loss. Click to see photos of more than 100 patients.

Comment

Working...