X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Westonci
    • Feb 2010

Cotsarelis - "Cure in two years."

August 19 ,2012

Scientists have identified a protein which stops hair from growing and announced this week that they are in talks with pharmaceutical companies to put a cure on the market.

"Dr George Cotsarelis announced this week that he is in talks with several pharmaceutical companies about developing treatments which could be available in two years."
  • UK_
    • Feb 2011

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2190544/Baldness-cure-reverses-genetics-market-years.html Anybody know anything about this PGD2?

I wouldnt call this a cure... It wont grow new hair.

Comment

• john2399
      • Jan 2012

So basically its a better version of propecia without the side effects.

Comment

• hellouser
        • May 2012

Originally posted by john2399
        So basically its a better version of propecia without the side effects.
        If thats the case, sounds pretty good for maintaining the hair we already have. Take that along with some RU/Minox or CB when it comes out and you could see some fantastic results. Still a pain in the ass until a full out proper solution is available.

Comment

• boourns
          • Aug 2012

I heard about this on the radio this morning. Sounds like it has some promise to it and I'm usually pretty cynical.

Comment

• strife91
            • Nov 2013

So I'm guessing this drug won't be coming out -.-

Comment

• burtandernie
              • Nov 2012

So that article was in 2012 so we should have that cure in 2014 so how much it gonna cost? Im going to buy two. Must be a powerful cure to reverse genetics as the article says I wonder how it does that through some kind of gene therapy?
              My other question is why keep these forums open if we have the cure by august 2014 since that article was published august 2012? im going to go dance outside because hair loss will never be an issue again.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                • Jun 2013

In 8 months hair loss as we know it will be a thing of the past.

Comment

• Dan26
                  • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
                  In 8 months hair loss as we know it will be a thing of the past.
                  Lol stop it brah

Comment

• Thinning87
                    • Dec 2012

Hahahah well they did register some patents in recent months....

Unfortunately it's unlikely, but hey they are alive and working so that's better than nothing.

Comment

• Dav7
                      • Feb 2013

Does anybody know what percentage of Dht it blocks? I tried googling but can't come across any figures.

Also, would it be better than dut? I'm asking because I've been thinking of giving dut a shot, however if this is so close to release, I may just stick to fin.

Also, would this get rid of the need to take either fin or dut, or would it simply be complimentary to one of the other?

Comment

• greatjob!
                        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Westonci
                        August 19 ,2012

Scientists have identified a protein which stops hair from growing and announced this week that they are in talks with pharmaceutical companies to put a cure on the market.

"Dr George Cotsarelis announced this week that he is in talks with several pharmaceutical companies about developing treatments which could be available in two years."
                        Good job misquoting the story and getting everyone riled up. Here is what the story actually reported:

"Dr George Cotsarelis announced this week that he is in talks with several pharmaceutical companies about developing treatments and hopes to start clinical trials as early as in two years time."

Comment

• Thinning87
                          • Dec 2012

Ok maybe it's not clear: it's very unlikely that at the exact two year mark from the interview the cure will be released just like that, from nowhere.

Although Cotsarelis and his team are very reputable to say the least, you shouldn't blindly rely on everything that is said until you have proof it is true. We have no proof and we have been let down by announcements in the past so there is reason to be skeptical.

In addition, very little public information from Follica is available so we pretty much don't know what they are up to and most importantly what level of progress they have achieved.

Comment

Working...