Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CollegeStudent
    • Jan 2012

21 Years Old

Hi I have been really worried about hair loss for the past month. I am 21 years old and I want to know whether I should start meds. I know my hair is thick but I would like to know if the recession I'm seeing is the start of hair loss. I've always had a high forehead and included pictures of my hairline when I was 12. Is this the start of hairloss or am I just being paranoid? I have already purchased minodoxil and will keep you posted in the coming months. Any advice would be gratefully accepted.
    Attached Files
  • Tracy C
    • Sep 2011

I see a normal mature male hairline.

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
      IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
      • Nov 2008

I agree that you still have a great hairline. You are 21 and not 14. I really would question whether the benefits of Propecia in your case would out weigh the potential negative side effects. Do you have a strong family history of male pattern baldness?
      Dr. Glenn Charles
      Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
      View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• clandestine
        • Aug 2011

Your hairline is fine, chill the **** out!

Relax.

Comment

• CollegeStudent
          • Jan 2012

My father and his brother have full heads of hair in their late 50s. Their father had a full head of hair when he passed away in his 80s. My mother's father had a forelock in his early 40s. He sort of had an inverted U-shaped patch of baldness with a forelock that stayed this way before he passed away in his early 50s.

I probably shouldn't have been worried but I thought I was seeing early signs of mpb. I got concerned because when I pull my hair back and look from a side angle I can see a few shorter hairs at the hairline. I appreciate your help.

Comment

• hateBalding
            • Jan 2012

Dude, Id be super happy to have that much hair. Quite worrying about it and get back to normal college life of partying and getting girls

Comment

Working...