X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deeside81
    • Jan 2019

Asmed

Hi,

I’ve decided to go to ASMED in Turkey. I was quoted 2.5euro and I need 2000 grafts and 1.4 euro for the technicians.

Obviously the 1.4 euro per graft is much cheaper. I was thinking maybe the technicians carrying out that procedure might be as good as Dr Koray as they would do more of them. If I pick the cheaper option does Dr Koray have any input? Or would you recommend Dr Koray?

Thanks.
    Joel.
  • Franky
    • May 2019

Huh? From what I understand, Dr Erdogan only does the incisions. The extraction and implantation stage is carried out by technicians. Never heard of of ASMED charging different prices. As far as I'm aware it's always been 2.5 euro per graft with ASMED with Erdogan only doing the incisions unless something has changed recently?

Comment

• Deeside81
      • Jan 2019

This is the reply from Suzana:

Here is an information and if you have any other questions pelase let me know.

ASMED TEAM - Dr Alp Bayramoglu and Head Surgical Assistant Dilek Cakır are part of Asmed Clinic. Head Surgical Assistant Dilek Cakır is a business partner and co-owner of Asmed clinic together with Dr Koray Erdogan. She is in the hair restoration field for the past 20 years. Dr Alp Bayramoğlu is a long time a colleague of Dr Koray Erdogan and using the same ASMED Clinic technique he provides service in hair transplantation to the patients from Turkey. Very recently it was decided for ASMED TEAM to be presented to the foreign clients as well.

Our aim is for everyone to have an opportunity to have an FUE Hair Transplant on the ASMED high-quality standards.

If you go with ASMED TEAM - Dr Alp Bayramoglu and Head Surgical Assistant Dilek Cakır Team the procedure and the standards are completely the same, only the team that opens the incisions is different.

We have hair transplant results from dr Alp Bayramoglu and Head Surgical Assistant Dilek Cakır but most of our patients prefer their results to stay private. To be able to share the photos we need approval in writing from our patients.

Surgical assistants are highly experienced, the minimum of the experienced Surgical assistant is 6 years of experience in extraction and implantation. Here in ASMED Clinic, for 20 years everyone uses completely the same DES Sequential FUE Technique.

Comment

• Deeside81
        • Jan 2019

So what you think? Should I go for the cheaper option? I’m guessing they could be as good as each other as they are colleagues and both work at ASMED

Comment

• farsanUK
          • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Deeside81
          So what you think? Should I go for the cheaper option? I’m guessing they could be as good as each other as they are colleagues and both work at ASMED
          Dude. Can you copy paste the part when they said how much for each team 1.4 and 2.5? Honestly mate when the main man has been doing some of work it hasnt been that great lately so a cheaper option of another doctor whom is not iahrs is certainly not going to be as good as Erdogan and even he has been slacking. Suzanna said there that they have some results from those orher asmed doctors. How can that be? Those doctors have not been taking charge of surgery at all since the past year. At best they have been doing it when they moved to the new clinic but even that is less than a year so how can those results have come through already? They just have not had enough results for you to consider them. This clinic is not what it used to be. Stop putting price into consideration, thats the mistake i made with this clinic and i regretted it ever since. If you cant afford it , dont get it done, simple. Id be intrigued as to what Joe tillman thinks of this price offer they made to you.

Comment

• farsanUK
            • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Franky
            Huh? From what I understand, Dr Erdogan only does the incisions. The extraction and implantation stage is carried out by technicians. Never heard of of ASMED charging different prices. As far as I'm aware it's always been 2.5 euro per graft with ASMED with Erdogan only doing the incisions unless something has changed recently?
            Ok so since they moved into the new clinic they have brought on a couple of nee doctors who have ONLY been taking charge of their turkish patients and erdogan the other 6. So now they have opened up to having foreign patients been seen to by this other doctor. So the option of erdogan is still there

Comment

• Deeside81
              • Jan 2019

Here is the paste regarding price;

DR KORAY ERDOGAN -The cost of this procedure is 2.5 Euros per transplanted unit including accommodations for 2-3 nights, the surgical packet and all services related to the surgery.**

ASMED TEAM - The cost of this procedure is 1.4 Euros per transplanted unit including accommodations for 2-3 nights (Asmed suites, the surgical packet and all services related to the surgery.**

Comment

• farsanUK
                • Jul 2017

DR KORAY ERDOGAN -The cost of this procedure is 2.5 Euros per transplanted unit including accommodations for 2-3 nights, the surgical packet and all services related to the surgery.**

ASMED TEAM - The cost of this procedure is 1.4 Euros per transplanted unit including accommodations for 2-3 nights (Asmed suites, the surgical packet and all services related to the surgery.**
                Ok what you need to realise is that the koray erdogan package is not him doing all the work, thats just the insisions he does and his techs do the extractions, as well as this he will be doing potentially insisions for a maximum of 5 other patients on the same day.

Comment

• Deeside81
                  • Jan 2019

Ok thanks for that. I think I’ll go with him. The only iahrs guy in U.K. will
                  Cost me 10k. So a no brainier going with him.

Comment

• farsanUK
                    • Jul 2017

End of the day it comes down to results. You need to research results not from what the clinic posts, but from what patients themselves post because those are your everyday results from the clinic. Sadly on this forum we do no have alot of patient posted results from this clinic. Look on other forums like htn just happan to have more patient results for asmed. Remember that the clinic will always post their best results. I would strongly say stay away from that other doctor because he has only be taking full charge of patients for less than a year so there really is nothing to go on. Do not take that risk.

Comment

• Deeside81
                      • Jan 2019

That’s why I think I’ll go with Koray. He’s a member of iahrs and has a good reputation

Comment

• Deeside81
                        • Jan 2019

So did you have the hair transplant from Koray? You said you regretted ever since?

Comment

• Deeside81
                          • Jan 2019

Regret?

Originally posted by farsanUK
                          Dude. Can you copy paste the part when they said how much for each team 1.4 and 2.5? Honestly mate when the main man has been doing some of work it hasnt been that great lately so a cheaper option of another doctor whom is not iahrs is certainly not going to be as good as Erdogan and even he has been slacking. Suzanna said there that they have some results from those orher asmed doctors. How can that be? Those doctors have not been taking charge of surgery at all since the past year. At best they have been doing it when they moved to the new clinic but even that is less than a year so how can those results have come through already? They just have not had enough results for you to consider them. This clinic is not what it used to be. Stop putting price into consideration, thats the mistake i made with this clinic and i regretted it ever since. If you cant afford it , dont get it done, simple. Id be intrigued as to what Joe tillman thinks of this price offer they made to you.
                          In what way did you regret going to ASMED?

Comment

• farsanUK
                            • Jul 2017

In what way did you regret going to ASMED?
                            The high risk i took when they have up to 6 patients a day, the quickness of the face to face consultation, and as for the result for the amount of grafts (5k) i expected it to be much better in the terms of the density in and behind the hairline. In terms of naturalness its not pluggy nor is there any twos and threes in the front as far as i can see, the donar is not bad at all, its an average at best is say its a 6/10. Once i had surgery alot of the results of people whom i was following who went there started to come through and most of them had the same problem- lack of density in the hairline and behind. These are all on htn. What disappoints me is that the results the clinic posts are completely different to the ones patients themselves post. I made a big deal of this on htn and the clinic kept responding on htn with typical refusal to admit standards have dropped. Another reason i went for them was that of all the so called great iahrs clinics, they were just about the cheapest and produced decent results(in terms of what they post). This was a huge mistake. We live and we learn. Thankfully i wont make that mistake again, ive learned so much about the clinic during my stay and after. All i can say is approach with caution, if you cant afford it dont do it.

Comment

• Deeside81
                              • Jan 2019

Thanks a lot for the information. I have some money so I will now stay well clear. I’ll try and look for a surgeon that does not rush all those surgeries. It only seems like Ed ball in the U.K. that seems to be iahrs accredited. I guessing there are great surgeons out there that don't have the accreditation. Honestly no matter how much you research you may not find the truth. All the reviews can me fake and folk with these accreditation’s could well be linked financially to them. Uh it’s a minefield.

Comment

Working...