Results at 8.5 months - is this a failure?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John3534
    • May 2018

Results at 8.5 months - is this a failure?

These are the results at 8.5 months. Originally I had a thin patch 1/4 of the size of the bald patch I have now - and it wasn't as thin as the bald patch I have now. After the surgery I lost about 90% of the native hair in the transplanted region (the entire crown area), and it looks like the native hair lost to shock loss hasn't all returned leaving me with a thin area that is much larger than I originally had.

Is it possible that this will eventually recover, or was this a giant failure?
  • pajason
    • Apr 2016

Originally posted by John3534
    These are the results at 8.5 months. Originally I had a thin patch 1/4 of the size of the bald patch I have now - and it wasn't as thin as the bald patch I have now. After the surgery I lost about 90% of the native hair in the transplanted region (the entire crown area), and it looks like the native hair lost to shock loss hasn't all returned leaving me with a thin area that is much larger than I originally had.

Is it possible that this will eventually recover, or was this a giant failure?
    If you had more hair than you have now getting a hair transplant was a mistake. If there is a positive what you got now should stick around where the hair you had was likely on its way out.

Comment

• hairlossjedi
      • May 2018

imo no, its far from a giant failure. I have an eagle eye, having assisted with my first transplant in 1990. I wouldnt immediately notice it, so its by no means a failure. Again, go back to your transplant doc. Truth be told, a medical professional needs to take a look. Most advice here is anecdotal. Not that its not good advice, but anecdotal is not my first choice as a clinician as my means of epistomology.

Comment

• pkipling
        Inactive
        • Sep 2014

You'll really need to post some before and afters (along with the number of grafts you got transplanted) if you want to measure your progress.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Comment

Working...