Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BoSox
    • Jun 2010

Over 200 genes identified for MPB

I tried to link article, but my phone is acting funny. If somebody could please provide with a link. They discovered over 200 genes linked to baldness, previous was only 8.
  • BoSox
    • Jun 2010

Really? Y'all don't care about this discovery? This opens up way more opportunities to treat this condition.

Comment

• k9gatton
      • Oct 2016

Originally posted by BoSox
      Really? Y'all don't care about this discovery? This opens up way more opportunities to treat this condition.
      It's definitely an INTERESTING discovery. However, 200 genes? I don't know.

The only thing I do know is it's not linked to the X or Y chromosone.

And there is a small amount of people, one in seven I believe (fourteen percent) who have baldness
      from chromosone eight. But it's the same chance of being left handed.

Comment

• AIngram
        • Feb 2017

Is this the link you are looking for?

More than 200 new genetic markers linked with male pattern baldness have been identified, according to a new study from the United Kingdom.

"Forty of the genetic variations were located on the X chromosome, which men inherit from their mothers, the researchers said. One of the genes on the X chromosome — the gene for the androgen receptor, which binds to the hormone testosterone — was strongly linked with severe hair loss. Previous studies have also pinpointed this gene as tied to male pattern baldness."

I guess that means that the mom is not entirely responsible if it is 40 out of 200.

Comment

• k9gatton
          • Oct 2016

This is an excellent thread, and I mean it.

What I kind of don't like about this site, in general, is I can never get recent posts.

Don't know if it's a bug, or they just don't want me here.

Comment

• Rizaan
            • Dec 2014

Originally posted by BoSox
            Lol. It would have been an easier cure if only 8 genes were involved. If it really is 200, then a lot more research is required. Considering there hasn't been a cure in all these years, there sadly won't be one in the distant future unless someone finds a way to clone hair follicles in a way that is favourable economically and isn't time consuming.

Comment

Working...