X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 79BirdofPrey
    • Jul 2010

Essential Oils for hair loss

Hello all,

As is the case with us all, I was looking for any solutions to augment the hair recgrowth process/attempt. I am currently on 1mg of Fin (for about 2.5 months). I have a family friend that works with essential oils for various health and wellness applications, so I looked into if there is anything that may help. I learned of these two:

The below link is a study that was performed:
    The results show aromatherapy to be a safe and effective treatment for alopecia areata. Treatment with these essential oils was significantly more effective than treatment with the carrier oil alone (P = .008 for the primary outcome measure). We also successfully applied an evidence-based method to …

And below is a book reference:
    The Book reference is Dr. Scott Johnson: Surviving when Medicine Fails. His recipe is Topical- Mix 2 drops each of cedar wood, rosemary, cypress and geranium essential oil in 1/4 cup each of jojoba and coconut oil and massage mixture into the hair and scalp once daily.( I don't think you use the whole amount each time) Alternately, add 1 drop of each oil into your shampoo and use this daily.

Anyone have any insight or experience? I am thinking of adding this to my regimen.
  • qwanlee
    • Apr 2015

I'm going to get me some ginger essential oil. I think GO(in a chinese patent) was used at like 20% which is very high for essential oil usage. Most use essential oils around 2%.

I also saw in a chinese patent(looking for it again) that ginger oil, peppermint oil and like 1 other were used and according to the patent gave "unbelievable" hair growth.

Why? Because it kills T. gondii.

Anti-Toxoplasma gondii RH strain activity of herbal extracts used in traditional medicine.
    Choi KM1, Gang J, Yun J.
    Author information
    1Ecodigm Co., Ltd., Yuseong-gu, Daejeon, South Korea.
    Abstract
    Methanolic extracts of 15 traditional medicines used to treat Toxoplasma gondii were tested in vitro for their anti-T. gondii activity and cytotoxicity. The median effective concentration (EC(50)) values for the herbal extracts ranged from 0.11mg/mL to 2.28mg/mL.

Significant anti-T. gondii RH strain activity was observed with Zingiber officinale(ginger) extracts (EC(50)=0.18mg/mL), which displayed a highly selective toxicity (selectivity=10.1).

Sophora flavescens Aiton extracts also showed high anti-T. gondii activity (EC(50)=0.20mg/mL) and a high selective toxicity (4.6). This indicates that Z. officinale and S. flavescens Aiton extracts may be sources of new anti-T. gondii compounds.

================================================== ================================================== =================

Search for this: "PLEASE my hairless brothers, Try using Ginger"

and this: Ginger root remedy and follijinxed

and this: Topical Ginger Extract? and xcvq

Comment

• jamesst11
      • Jun 2014

this study was performed on people with AA...

Comment

• 79BirdofPrey
        • Jul 2010

Originally posted by qwanlee
        I'm going to get me some ginger essential oil. I think GO(in a chinese patent) was used at like 20% which is very high for essential oil usage. Most use essential oils around 2%.

I also saw in a chinese patent(looking for it again) that ginger oil, peppermint oil and like 1 other were used and according to the patent gave "unbelievable" hair growth.

Why? Because it kills T. gondii.

Anti-Toxoplasma gondii RH strain activity of herbal extracts used in traditional medicine.
        Choi KM1, Gang J, Yun J.
        Author information
        1Ecodigm Co., Ltd., Yuseong-gu, Daejeon, South Korea.
        Abstract
        Methanolic extracts of 15 traditional medicines used to treat Toxoplasma gondii were tested in vitro for their anti-T. gondii activity and cytotoxicity. The median effective concentration (EC(50)) values for the herbal extracts ranged from 0.11mg/mL to 2.28mg/mL.

Significant anti-T. gondii RH strain activity was observed with Zingiber officinale(ginger) extracts (EC(50)=0.18mg/mL), which displayed a highly selective toxicity (selectivity=10.1).

Sophora flavescens Aiton extracts also showed high anti-T. gondii activity (EC(50)=0.20mg/mL) and a high selective toxicity (4.6). This indicates that Z. officinale and S. flavescens Aiton extracts may be sources of new anti-T. gondii compounds.

================================================== ================================================== =================

Search for this: "PLEASE my hairless brothers, Try using Ginger"

and this: Ginger root remedy and follijinxed

and this: Topical Ginger Extract? and xcvq
        So what is the effect of T. Gondii on hair loss?

Comment

Working...