Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • warner8
    • Jan 2015

Question about Miniaturized hairds

so i was looking at my scalp recently, and noticing that my area of thinning are still covered with hairs, but obviously i can still see through to the skin on my scalp. Is that what you call miniaturization? what hair stage is miniturization?

I'm using AA, Minox 12%, Tretonin, and fin for my hair loss, as well as biotin + glut, and topical melatonin. The fact that I still have hairs on these thinning patches, does that mean i still have hope for regrowth, and will these hairs eventually become thicker and cover the scalp better? and if they will become thicker, does the hair follicle have to fall out, and then regrow back thicker or will they grow thicker the way they are?
  • Swooping
    • May 2014

How long are you on that regimen? Btw you posted in the wrong section I think.

Comment

• nofintowin
      • Apr 2015

How's the topical melatonin working for you? I'm considering using Asatona's ASATEX product which is melatonin, biotin, and ginkoba biloba. There's a study on their product with some good results, but I haven't seen many people using it..

Comment

• youngin
        • Nov 2010

There are places on my head (NW6) that have been bald for almost 15 years and when I look under a microscope there are still all of the vellus hairs there. The hairs never "die", and somehow even when you shave they regrow extremely slowly and extremely thin. Getting them to grow long and thick is the key that no one has discovered.

Comment

• warner8
          • Jan 2015

i uses the topical 1% melatonin from Murray Ave Apothecary aka Susans, in Pittsburgh PA for $30. I know that the product is legit bc its made from a compound pharmacist, and its cheaper than similar products online. I've only been using it about 6 weeks, but not as religious as the fin and minox. i only apply it at night, and sometimes i forget.

Comment

• warner8
            • Jan 2015

fin about 10 months now (before this just generic 5% minox from wallmart)
            12% minox with AA, tretonin, hydrocortisone from Murray Ave Apothecary for about 6 weeks now. I believe I am going through a shed it with it currently.

Comment

Working...